Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

You 'Mericans Just Lost a Nice One

Hello from Canada,
    Thanks fellow lovers of teutonic engineering for creating this site; it's a great resource. I fell in love with the ZHP before even knowing what it was when I tried to buy a black '05 off a lot in Vancouver that specializes in imported California cars. (That guy is really depleting your supply of nice wheels, must say; too bad about your economy 'n' all.) Before I could get a money order together, some more knowledgeable bimmaphile snapped it out from under me – for a grand over asking!
    That was enough to get me looking and I was sold after an afternoon on the forums. Spent the next month looking for my ride, then finally found it in Portland: an '03 silver sedan with more miles than I'd like, but only one owner and perks like nav and heated seats. I put down a deposit sight-unseen and headed down to pick it up. It was minty clean, without a rattle or a squeek. I took it into a BMW performance specialty shop called Boyd in Portland for an inspection and they told me I shouldn't hesitate for a second – it had been very well cared for.
    Only one problem: that damn tattered alcantara wheel! It's so worn I can't touch it without imagining some sweaty-palmed mouth-breather in the throws of white-knuckle I5 traffic. And I've become quite attached to this car, you see. Nobody wants a constant reminder of his girlfriend's ex – especially not if the image involves him manhandling her as this wheel suggests mine was.
    So what can I do? Can I have it re-covered? Where do I find one of these perforated-leather wheels that they started using in '05. With the exception of this flaw, my car is immaculate. The wheel's gotta go.
    Thanks for your insight,
    Dave

Dave, thanks for the colorful intro.

You can either clean it (there is a DIY in the DIY forum) or you can check out Coby Wheel, which does good work. Mention zhp mafia for 10% discount. They are a sponsor here.

Welcome to zhpmafia.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Glad you got one you like. And, +1 for what Marcus said.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome. My wheel cleaned up to look like new with a damp towel and a pill shaver from Amazon.com

Welcome dave.

Thanks for the welcome. Seems you guys have a great community going on here. I think I'm going to go with Coby of I can figure out how to steer my car until I get the wheel back from him.
    Also, dunno 'bout you guys, but mine is special.
    D.

I like this guy! HAHA! No Alcantara wheel here...but what Eli mentioned works well. Also Magic Eraser works well...but you have to be very, very gentle or you will make it worse.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Welcome.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome aboard. Coby wheel FTW!
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Welcome................it's an addiction!. My wheel cleaned up nice with the DIY. Colby is a good source, many have used him.

Mine is not "special"

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"