Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 306 of 327 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3267
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Very Cool Charlie. pic

The last pic of the Polar Bears checking out the Sub is pretty cool!
    I thought that was cool as well. I have heard lots of stories from the guys that have gone up to the polar ice caps....

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    daniel - you got the end of the rainbow in the falls - nice job!

PS - how cold was it?

peter
    Thanks Peter! Here is a better a shot of it:

Name:  _MG_0934.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  2.31 MB

And it wasn't too bad...24F?

Really awesome being there in the Winter though, the mist coats everything around the Falls with a thick sheet of ice as you can see with that tree.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I was just browsing through the Internet this evening and came across these pictures I wanted to share with everyone... those of you who have served onboard submarines would appreciate some of these

The 688 "Los Angeles" class submarines will always hold a special place in my heart. I have served onboard three of them in my 26 year Naval career (USS Baltimore SSN704, USS New York City SSN696, and USS Augusta SSN710) All three of these submarines I have sailed on are now decommissioned and stricken off the active list.

When you want to take a swim on a cruise ship all you have to do is go to one of several pools or jacuzzis. When you want to take a swim when onboard a submarine, you surface the ship, station shark watches armed with M-16 tactical assault rifles in the sail and let the crew come topside and jump off the sub... This was a serious morale booster for us sailors

I remember doing this when I was stationed onboard USS Augusta and there was over 1500 fms (9,000 ft) of water beneath us while we were swimming around the front part of the boat. It was an amazing experience knowing just how far the bottom was!

This view is from a middle level passageway outside crew's mess (where the crew eats and gathers for movies and training) looking into the missile compartment. Life on these boats is pure luxury compared to the 688 fast attack submarines. Lots more room here

And the business end where I worked when I was stationed onboard the subs... The Sonar Control Room, or Sonar Shack as we referred it

This is where you could hear dolphins and other sea creatures that made lots of racket underwater. This is where all the action is when you're looking for something....I was lucky to be on these boats during the cold war when there was a lot of interesting things going on.....nothing I can really talk about but it was a lot of fun Loved the blue lighting we used to have in our Sonar Shacks....now they are reduced grey lighting....

Something I never got to do when serving onboard subs....go to the polar ice pack and surface the boat thru the ice.... I've always wanted to do this....

Anyway, as an retired Naval Submariner, I wanted to share this with everyone (didn't take these pictures however). I can honestly say this is a young man's game. As we get older, our bodies can't sustain the steel decks and harsh living conditions our sailors endure each and every day while they are out to sea. My hats go off to them and the hard work they all do each and every day they are out to sea! These are the true underwater warriors at play and work
    This is awesome Charlie! Thanks for sharing!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Official Photo of the Day (Potentially NSFW) -- NO CARS

Great stuff Chuck. Meeting those polar bears a woulda been awesome!

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Great stuff Chuck. Meeting those polar bears a woulda been awesome!

GoingHAM mobile
    Thanks Seth! Yeah seeing those polar bears would have been cool but not up close

they look friendly
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Neat post Charlie. There so many things about life on a submarine that blow my mind, and I frankly have the " nope, nope" attitude towards. But my hat goes off to the men and women who have, will and are living that life. Thanks for sharing Charlie.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

+1 No way I could do that, but definitely hats off to those who do.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks for sharing Charily, Great Stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Page 306 of 327 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast