Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Angry RPMs bogging down during hard acceleration, Help Plz!!

Ever since the weather got warm (aka got REALLY hot/humid 100*+) my car has been acting really weird, and it's really starting to worry me. The car drives like complete shit. Here's the problem:

If I start out at a stop, my acceleration is great up to about 6500-6800 RPM, until I shift into a higher gear. Once I shift, and put the pedal back to the floor the RPMs bog down about 500-1000 and then make it slowly back up to where it should be. It sounds to ME (no expert here) like the car is running WAY too rich, and causing it to bog down whenever its run hard. If you watch the link I put in the post you can see an example of me going hard from ~10 mph to 90mph. At about 15-18 seconds into the video you can see exactly what I am talking about.

Any insight into what may be wrong with my car would be much appreciated Mafia!
    Thanks a ton in advance guys!

PS. Enjoy the sound of the car with the windows down :D I love it!!!

Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Clutch maybe?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I haven't seen the video yet, but if the problem was a slipping clutch I'd expect the revs to skyrocket and then settle, not dip and recover...

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Clutch slipping, don't get on it like that until fixed.

Clutch slipping?

Really?

That means there's some sort of sensor in there to tell when the clutch disc should be locked and cuts engine power when it's slipping?

I don't know about that...

It's under hard load, then no load for a split second, then hard load again when it bogs. It does sound like a too-rich problem. I wonder if a leaking fuel injector could cause that.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Try to take off in 6th gear.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Try to take off in 6th gear.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    I can never tell if you're being serious or not DW......but are you talking about the "if you can move at all from 6th gear" trick?
    Last edited by AzkotikBMW; 09-07-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

I think he's being serious. I had a clutch do that same thing before it went on me, it will progress.

It sounds like your clutch is slipping like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by AzkotikBMW View Post
    I can never tell if you're being serious or not DW......but are you talking about the "if you can move at all from 6th gear" trick?
    Srsly

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast