Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    Would gears being hard to engage while sitting still be a sign of a faulty throw out bearing, CDV or even pressure plate?
    It could be, but you would likely have other symptoms too if it were the clutch. Synchros could be going...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    A lot of sniping in this thread. Unnecessary. Let's be better than that.

Question: Kyle, when are you taking this to the shop?
    Sorry Boss, didn't know it would be such a controversial question =\

I am hoping to get it into the shop next Friday.

And I haven't driven it like this since I took that video, for fear of doing more damage to the car.
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Kyle, no worries. We're all passionate about our cars. We're also passionate about having answers.

Good luck getting to the bottom of things.

Have my appointment set for next Friday with Seth @ JB Eurotech. They do great work and Seth is a really good guy!
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Good. I'm sure you'll follow up with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at the video, the more I am thinking there is not much wrong.
    You hit 80 mph in ~14 sec and 95 mph in ~18 sec, is that bad?

Also, it is normal for RPM to dip when you switch to a higher gear, that's the whole idea (and the reason you have 6 gears).

Nevertheless, I find this thread interesting and a good learning experience.

I am also curious if the dual mass flywheel might not be involved: See symptoms here

Not sure I understand this video.

325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AzkotikBMW View Post
    Have my appointment set for next Friday with Seth @ JB Eurotech. They do great work and Seth is a really good guy!
    He should get you sorted out, no prob!

I've had my battles with Seth but he does know what he is talking about and is an all law abiding and environmentally conscious service tech. So he will make sure your car is running in tip top shape as to reduce emissions!

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    The more I look at the video, the more I am thinking there is not much wrong.
    You hit 80 mph in ~14 sec and 95 mph in ~18 sec, is that bad?

Also, it is normal for RPM to dip when you switch to a higher gear, that's the whole idea (and the reason you have 6 gears).

Nevertheless, I find this thread interesting and a good learning experience.

I am also curious if the dual mass flywheel might not be involved: See symptoms here

Not sure I understand this video.

Our flywheels are designed this way

The spring movement is exaggerated on that video. Even if the springs collapsed inside the blocks (mechanical stops) would keep the flywheel from free spinning and would instantly meet themselves and try to break the tires loose as a result instead of just slipping and then grabbing.

The springs collapse anyway when you dump the clutch and or shifting properly--That is by design.

Thanks for the info VA. So not likely that the flywheel is involved in OP's problem (if he does have a problem).
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Inquisitive minds want to know!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast