Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need To Vent!

Angry Need To Vent!

I bought my ZHP in two months ago. I spent around $1000 dollars so far fixing issues with the car. Replaced the Oil Filter Housing gasket, belts, pulleys, window gasket, hood cowl, reflectors and totally detailed the car inside and out. Drove it to work yesterday and even my coworkers said "Man the Bimmer is looking good"!

I always park far out away from all the idiots. So I come out after work and notice the hood is all sratched up, looks like something such as a purse was set down and pushed! Unbelievable!!

I'm not much of a detailing expert so is there anything you guys can recommend product wise to buff these out? I do have a buffer but it's not a nuematic one. I can feel two of the scratches with my finger nail so they are fairly deep.
    I can post some photos up later...

Thanks in advance.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    I bought my ZHP in two months ago. I spent around $1000 dollars so far fixing issues with the car. Replaced the Oil Filter Housing gasket, belts, pulleys, window gasket, hood cowl, reflectors and totally detailed the car inside and out. Drove it to work yesterday and even my coworkers said "Man the Bimmer is looking good"!

I always park far out away from all the idiots. So I come out after work and notice the hood is all sratched up, looks like something such as a purse was set down and pushed! Unbelievable!!

I'm not much of a detailing expert so is there anything you guys can recommend product wise to buff these out? I do have a buffer but it's not a nuematic one. I can feel two of the scratches with my finger nail so they are fairly deep.
    I can post some photos up later...

Thanks in advance.
    I would take it to a professional and wouldn't tackle it myself with a DA buffer and without experience.

They would be able to tell you if a 1 or 2 stage correction will be needed to take the scratch out but at that point you might just consider doing the whole car if your budget permits it.

Here's just one example of someone who knows what their doing with a DA or rotary buffer.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1710397

Before

After

No need for experience. DA it yourself. For what you pay "the proffesional" you can do yourself with a kit from Detailed image, Autogeek, Griots, etc...

I'm self taught.....and a M0nk3y protege.

If you get the Lakehurst pads, there is no chance of ruining your paint.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    No need for experience. DA it yourself. For what you pay "the proffesional" you can do yourself with a kit from Detailed image, Autogeek, Griots, etc...

I'm self taught.....and a M0nk3y protege.

If you get the Lakehurst pads, there is no chance of ruining your paint.
    You will probably save 50% going that route. I haven't ventured into that myself because I know I will spend way too much time learning, money and obssessing about it. I've already got enough to obsess about.

I'd rather pay someone and not worry about it.

Such a bummer that this happened. Just can't figure people out sometimes. Hope the fix goes well, whatever track you take.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks for the advice and info. What does something like that usually run when going to a Professional?
    I'm really all about the DIY, Dane is there any specific product you would recommend from the 3 listed above?

Ya I don't get people either, I respect everyones property like it's my own. I hit a car in a parking lot one time years ago. Couldn't find the owner so I left a note for them to contact me and I would pay for the repair. They called a few days later and were so amazed someone cared enough to fess up they split the bill with me.

Good Kharma....

im sorry
    these things happen unfortunately,
    i do the same and park away from everyone but somehow
    the largest car in the lot finds itself parking next to me even when the entire lot is open
    hope you get it fixed
    i suggest you DIY, but i dont have any experience with scratch buffing chemicals sorry

vent away.. my friend .....vent away
    we feel your pain

Anyone here used Eagle One Nanowax? Car guru here at work swears by it. Alot of great reviews on it also.

http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/core_nanowax.asp

Get an orbitor, it will make a world of a difference. I learned all on my own. The cars that you see with bad swirls usually come from a bad body shop. I have seen this wwith our own cars in 2 cases, and with friends cars on a few other occasions.

As long as you use clean pads and dont fall asleep in one spot you will only make your paint better

1 - clay bar to clean up surface first
    2 - polish to cut the surface layer (try new/clean pads)
    3 - when you're done give it a nice coat of wax, deep scratches might need more heavy duty/pro work

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast