Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASA AR1 Wheels

ASA AR1 Wheels

I'm looking at black ASA AR1 wheels in 18" to replace my 20's. Does anyone here have them?

Tirerack.com is saying I should use a 18x8 with 40mm offset up front with 225/40-18 tires, and 18x9 out back with 45mm offset and 255/35-18 tires out back.

Is that a good combo? Would this work well with lowering springs? I can use lowering springs such as the H&R sport springs on my stock shocks/struts right?

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheel..._blk_ci3_l.jpg
    Last edited by cparker; 09-08-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

Yes...this will be fine.

Link doesn't work right.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks.

Link fixed.

I just realized there are two flavors of sport springs, a 1.4" front drop and a .75" front drop. Which would be preferable in a street only application?

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    I just realized there are two flavors of sport springs, a 1.4" front drop and a .75" front drop. Which would be preferable in a street only application?
    The 4" drop is preferred.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My brother has these wheels. They def looked good when he first got them. My brother does not clean his car as much as most people, its a nice car too. After 2 years the lips are almost as black as the centers. Not from dirt or dust but from the aluminum pitting so bad they have no shine or color at all. They look very bad. He actually just asked me a couple days ago to spray bomb them flat black. So word is to keep em clean and waxed at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Audi 0000 View Post
    My brother has these wheels. They def looked good when he first got them. My brother does not clean his car as much as most people, its a nice car too. After 2 years the lips are almost as black as the centers. Not from dirt or dust but from the aluminum pitting so bad they have no shine or color at all. They look very bad. He actually just asked me a couple days ago to spray bomb them flat black. So word is to keep em clean and waxed at all times.
    Good advice. Any aluminum wheel that is not covered in a protective coating need consistent maintenance. I'm fortunate in that I live in an area where they do not use road salt.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    The 4" drop is preferred.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    I assume you meant 1.4"?

I assume you meant 1.4"?
    No. Just a lil sarcasm. I think you should go low...and retain ride height adjustability.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Good advice. Any aluminum wheel that is not covered in a protective coating need consistent maintenance. I'm fortunate in that I live in an area where they do not use road salt.
    Oh they LOVE salt here. Its like driving on the beach in cold weather. All wheels need to be taken care of, these just seemed like they might need a little extra attention. I am sure they will look great. Once you get the 4" drop you guys where talking about- it will be sicky. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Audi 0000; 09-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast