Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AC Belt Tensioner Pulley

Does anyone know the part number for the AC belt tensioner pulley?

Real oem only shows the entire tensioner and pulley as one part.

I know you can just remove the pulley, just can't seem to find a part number for it.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

BMW doesn't sell it as a separate part.

If worn, replace a/c belt tensioner pulley (Autozone/Duralast #231133; Dayco 89133; also sold by Delco) $20-40 [T50 socket]

Or $58 for new unit (tensioner assembly + pulley)
    MY '03+: 11-28-7-512-758-M40 (Pelican Parts)

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post

If worn, replace a/c belt tensioner pulley (Autozone/Duralast #231133; Dayco 89133; also sold by Delco) $20-40 [T50 socket]

+1. Pulley not sold separate.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ok. Thanks. Sucks that they don't just make a pulley.

Easy to remove and virtually the same size as the serp tensioner pulley.

Damn you BMW.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Is the a/c belt tensioner pulley the only one that BMW doesn't make? I need to replace my non a/c tensioner pulley and some other pulleys and I don't know where to look.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I bet you could source the INA pulley for that thing if you search around. They are the OE supplier.

I mentioned a few alternatives in post 2 above. I think the Autozone/Duralast is $40, which is a questionable value given the entire INA tensioner assembly is only $58 @ Pelican.

If you can find Delco for $20, let us know where you found it.

I'm assuming your '05 has a hydraulic serpentine belt tensioner but if it's the mechanical version, it does indeed carry the exact same pulley as the AC belt tensioner.

I bet you could source the INA pulley for that thing if you search around. They are the OE supplier.

I mentioned a few alternatives in post 2 above. I think the Autozone/Duralast is $40, which is a questionable value given the entire INA tensioner assembly is only $58 @ Pelican.

If you can find Delco for $20, let us know where you found it.

I'm assuming your '05 has a hydraulic serpentine belt tensioner but if it's the mechanical version, it does indeed carry the exact same pulley as the AC belt tensioner.
    I'll start digging into this.

And yep, hydraulic for the serp.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I'll start digging into this.

And yep, hydraulic for the serp.

Curious to know if you found anything Kayger. I need to replace pulleys too.

Based on this picture of my belt layout and this thread I think I have hydraulic tensioners. So I'm assuming I just need to replace the pulleys, not the tensioner?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Curious to know if you found anything Kayger. I need to replace pulleys too.

Based on this picture of my belt layout and this thread I think I have hydraulic tensioners. So I'm assuming I just need to replace the pulleys, not the tensioner?
    So far, no luck.

I have a hydraulic tensioner on my serp belt, but it looks like a mechanical for the AC belt.

Looks like I'm gonna have to replace the whole thing.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast