Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VANOS rattle

VANOS rattle

Folks, I had my rattle disappear on me. I don't know where it went but in the summer my car clearly had it at 2K rpm. Now, I can't hear it. The sounds went away while I had the same oil in the car so that can't be it, and it did not come back after I put in fresh oil into it.

Wondering if anyone else had the same experience. If it sways silent I might hold off doing the beisan upgrade.

That's weird.

You've probably already heard it a thousand times from others, but I did the zhp Beisan upgrade this past summer and the rattle went away.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence but could it be that you don't hear it because your windows might be up now with the colder weather?

I was planning to do it next summer, but now, I am going to wait and see. That car just hit 50K so the seals are probably still ok so if there is no sounds I feel like there is even less reason to do it.

I just bought the kit for the seals but didn't get the rattle fix cause my cause does not have it at 100k miles. I hope I don't regret it. It just made me nervous doing that with the extra possibility of having to sand the parts to make sure the fit is exact.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Will the seals kit eliminate rattle? Or do you NEED the bearing upgrade to rid of it completely?

I have the rattle on my 2003 with 58k. It's pretty loud around 2k also

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

I was under the impression that the anti-rattle kit would take care of the rattle.

Prolly talks about it more here.

www.beisansystems.com

I think there is a forum over there that you can ask this question to...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You NEED the modified bearing, which are in essence rings. The seals are simply going to improve the piston operation which in turn is going to improve power delivery. The rattle itself has nothing to do with the seals.

Yeah....i dont think hes talking about that....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You need this, and this....

http://www.beisansystems.com/products.html

Definitely do both. If you're going through the trouble to do the seals, you might as well do the rings as well. It's not too many extra steps, and it's probably going to be well worth it for many many miles to come.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast