Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 145 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1596
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    That is certainly how the energy felt when I was there
    You see it at Road America and Lime Rock, too, but it feels like Monterey is the most likely to actually happen. “I built my McMansion next to this 60 year old race track, how was I supposed to know it’d be loud?!?” Fucking morons.

Then you have the idiots trying to get rid of the races at Belle Isle. It’s an island, nearly half a mile from the shore, nearly 3/4 mile from the nearest residential structure, and between the IMSA and Indy races it brings nearly $30M to the Detroit economy (which we all know is in absolutely desperate need of money) over the course of one week. How stupid can people possibly be?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    You see it at Road America and Lime Rock, too, but it feels like Monterey is the most likely to actually happen. “I built my McMansion next to this 60 year old race track, how was I supposed to know it’d be loud?!?” Fucking morons.

Then you have the idiots trying to get rid of the races at Belle Isle. It’s an island, nearly half a mile from the shore, nearly 3/4 mile from the nearest residential structure, and between the IMSA and Indy races it brings nearly $30M to the Detroit economy (which we all know is in absolutely desperate need of money) over the course of one week. How stupid can people possibly be?
    Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the average human. You’re only bringing to light how important it is that I travel the country hitting every race track in America! Hopefully I can do it in a year or two. Got my 6spd ready to go in too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never been to a track before, I had no idea noise was that big of an issue.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

My Airbnb was two miles away and the cars were ambient noise. If you’re not into cars, I can see it. But as 704 said, you should know what you’re signing up for. It was also a low decibel weekend

I think geography has a big impact too. I’m sure the noise carries out in Monterey because there are no trees or anything to act as a barrier, but there’s also a lot of traffic to add to the ambient noise. VIR, which is in the middle of friggin’ nowhere, is surrounded by a ton of big pines and oaks. You can barely hear anything from just outside the gate unless it’s a pro race weekend. The only way the little town nearby could possibly complain about noise is from the broadcast helicopter.

I know a lot of people who live near NASCAR tracks get really upset with the traffic. And while it’s understandable, you never hear people bitching about other sporting events’ traffic to the point of trying to remove the venue from the area.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Thanks to @cakM3 and @YoItsTmac I was inspired to finally go through some of the pictures from my last HPDE. Here are some of my favorites so far:

I’ve found, for me at least, it’s easier to pan smoothly and get clear shots with the faster moving cars. But I still need to upgrade my telephoto lens. This old glass just can’t focus quickly and accurately anymore.

I also saw this picture I took of a Porsche GT3 Cup car last summer in my Lightroom library and got pretty excited about this year’s upcoming race weekend. My ears are ready!

Dope shots fam. Need to post that pic of hot topic Emma from TNIA.

Trevor’s shot was epic, so I had to play around with the drone (not nearly as nice of a back drop though)

Name:  78A1C1BA-278B-4E53-8DFB-74E04CDF22F7.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  874.6 KB

{just a cheap iphone photoshop stich to get the three together}
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI

Dude that is dope af. Great stitch.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
    Trevor’s shot was epic, so I had to play around with the drone (not nearly as nice of a back drop though)

{just a cheap iphone photoshop stich to get the three together}
    So much difference in roof design. That’s awesome! They even look next to each other. Even though the overhead angle is the same! Good job!!

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 145 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast