Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 149 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1596
    Really nice shots, Marcin. Those CTSCC shots taken at 1/60 came out much better than I could do at such a slow shutter speed! I really need to buy a stabilized lens -or- just suck it up and start carrying around my monopod.

In addition to the Super Trofeo pic I favorited on Flickr, I quite like the last shot of the Tommy Milner’s Corvette. He decided to play bumper cars with the #911 on the first lap at VIR, so all my pictures of the #4 have very obvious front fender damage.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Really nice shots, Marcin. Those CTSCC shots taken at 1/60 came out much better than I could do at such a slow shutter speed! I really need to buy a stabilized lens -or- just suck it up and start carrying around my monopod.

In addition to the Super Trofeo pic I favorited on Flickr, I quite like the last shot of the Tommy Milner’s Corvette. He decided to play bumper cars with the #911 on the first lap at VIR, so all my pictures of the #4 have very obvious front fender damage.
    I think those pictures were from the Friday practice, so no bumper cars commenced yet.

I wanted to get some good shots of this Mercedes, but it looks like this one beat the others by a good bit:
    DSC07177

The gray-ish/blue was also elusive and it's got a busted grille on this one:
    DSC07500

awesome panning shots guys. only had one thing to say which was regarding whe you pan and have a shot come out where the front of your subject is motion blurred and the rear is sharp or vice versa... its all in your focus point.

on my d800 I use continuous focus 9 point and I set my main focal point in my view finder so that when im shooting the focus is on the front of the car or the nose.. sometimes in the middle of the car..

if the car is panning but moves into another focal plane.. which is very possible when they are driving so fast on a curved part of the track, then your subject could have a part motion blurred that you did not want.

stopping down to F16 or if your lens supports it then up to F32 would help mitigate that.

on F16 lenses I try to stick close to below but never min aperture.. basically i never shoot at f16 or f32 due to lens diffraction and the subject being over sharpened.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    awesome panning shots guys. only had one thing to say which was regarding whe you pan and have a shot come out where the front of your subject is motion blurred and the rear is sharp or vice versa... its all in your focus point..
    Totally agree with everything you mentioned, especially with specific parts of the car remaining in focus. Unfortunately (for me, at least) some of the cars’ liveries really give my AF system a hell of a time, which is why I stick with the number panel on the side. If they’re running headlights I’ll use that to help my AF, but during these daytime sprint races a lot of them do not.

And at 160+mph sometimes you’re doing well just to keep pace at all lol.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    And at 160+mph sometimes you’re doing well just to keep pace at all lol.
    Yep, especially when the distance closes in like that Corvette shot. By the time it was directly in front, I'm guessing my tracking was nowhere close. I'm seeing a lot of my shots have the rear in focus, where it would've been nice to have less blur in the front.

I usually point my feet towards when they pass directly or in the direction towards the end of the pan. Is that about right?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post

I usually point my feet towards when they pass directly or in the direction towards the end of the pan. Is that about right?
    Maybe this is my shooting background, but I position my feet as if I’m firing a rifle. So, if a car is passing me from left to right, my left foot will be pointed towards the track, and my right foot will be my plant foot, behind the weight of my body with my toes facing towards the right. Let me know if that does or doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    awesome panning shots guys. only had one thing to say which was regarding whe you pan and have a shot come out where the front of your subject is motion blurred and the rear is sharp or vice versa... its all in your focus point.
    Here's one of the rare opportunities I had to keep my focus locked on the front of the car. They absolutely haul ass up to the pit speed limit sign...

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Yep, especially when the distance closes in like that Corvette shot. By the time it was directly in front, I'm guessing my tracking was nowhere close. I'm seeing a lot of my shots have the rear in focus, where it would've been nice to have less blur in the front.
    Totally understand what you mean. For whatever reason I find it easier to get the panning speed in sync with the cars as they're going past, and not as they're approaching. In my bursts the first few are usually shit, but the middle and late few usually turn out okay. Case in point below.

DSW_8109 by Spenser W, on Flickr

Took a few photos while at Gary’s house today...

Gary’s M3

My S4 Avant

Couldn’t resist....

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

Lol awesome shots Charlie

Gary’s M3 is absolutely gorgeous, oh my god.

Page 149 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast