Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How's the alcantara/cloth seats when the weather's hot?

It's been pretty hot in LA recently and was wondering what it'd be like with those cloth seats during the heat. I've always been in a leather interior car. TMI, but what if you're somewhat sweaty, will those cloth seats absorb that? I'm not really a fan of driving with AC on unless I have passengers.

Mine has been okay. I didn't feel too uncomfortable this summer. Compared to the Black Nappa Leather in my M3, I thought it was cooler. Hope this helps

Alcantara is much cooler. I run AC. I don't sweat in my car.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

thanks for the quick replies, makes my decision that much harder now... deciding between an 04 m3 with 84k miles in the color i want (silver gray) or an 06 330ci zhp with 55k miles in black/alcantara...

Cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. It's the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    +1

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yep!

It's strange nobody runs their AC on their cars. Totally different topic, but won't it seize or otherwise crap out if you don't give it a run at least once a month?

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    This.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Usually defrost functions also cycle the A/C compressor to help remove humidity from the air. Also helps circulate the system if you're not a frequent A/C user.

Cloth is way, way better for hot weather. Leather always makes my back sweat, especially if the seats are heavily bolstered. The few weeks that I was able to enjoy alcantara seats here in GA summer (100+F) I loved them.

If you're in the market for an M3, just hold out for one with the M cloth interior. Then you've really got the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    If you're in the market for an M3, just hold out for one with the M cloth interior. Then you've really got the best of both worlds.
    Or, just swap the interior.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast