Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Multi quote issue

Whenever I use the "multi quote" option in a thread for a second or third time it re-quotes posts from earlier multi quotes. IOW it always remembers the posts I quoted from before so that if I try to do a multi quote at a later date it will bring up all the quoted posts from before. Not a big deal in a smaller thread but if it's many pages long it's a hassle to try and go back and "unquote" previous posts. What I end up doing is having to cut out the earlier quotes from my new post.

Am I making any sense? LOL

I tried logging out and clearing my cookies but that didn't help. Is it something I'm doing wrong or what?

Thanks.......Barry

MM....nnot sure why it does that, unless you haven't cleared your cache prior to multi-quoting 2nd, 3rd time.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Whenever I use the "multi quote" option in a thread for a second or third time it re-quotes posts from earlier multi quotes. IOW it always remembers the posts I quoted from before so that if I try to do a multi quote at a later date it will bring up all the quoted posts from before. Not a big deal in a smaller thread but if it's many pages long it's a hassle to try and go back and "unquote" previous posts. What I end up doing is having to cut out the earlier quotes from my new post.

I tried logging out and clearing my cookies but that didn't help. Is it something I'm doing wrong or what?

Thanks.......Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Multi-quote Message Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You crazy.

MM....nnot sure why it does that, unless you haven't cleared your cache prior to multi-quoting 2nd, 3rd time.
    Not sure why it does that, MM. Testing mine right now.

First time. Works fine.

Thanks.......Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Multi-quote Message Madness
    Just did a second multiquote -- but only chose first two posts.

Works fine.

Second try.

You crazy.

Thanks.......Barry
    Third try. Quoting Dane's first.

Works fine.

Barry, what browser are you using?

Let's start there.

I am using Firefox, by the way. No issues.

Thanks.......Barry
    Testing with IE. Works.

Thanks.......Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post

First time. Works fine.
    Hitting multiquote again.

Works.

Barry, when you finally decide to reply, how are you initiating that? Do you hit the "reply with quote" button that's right next to the final multiquote button you choose? That's the way you should do it.

First time. Works fine.
    Just did a second multiquote -- but only chose first two posts.

Works fine.

Second try.
    I am using Firefox also. Yup, I use the standard "reply with quote" for the last post. Gonna try it here and see what happens......

Barry

Ok, now even before I go to reply again all of the previous multiquoted posts are still checkmarked from my previous multi quote. Weird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast