Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

OverHaul on different areas, Here's my list

So I'm doing a variety of things to my car.

It's a 2002 325i Auto(I know...lol)

I was told that in the future of the BMW that you might have to overhaul a few things.

First off the reasons for the overhaul :

1. Car kind of rumbles at a stop, little shakey.
    2. Coolant light pops on and off frequently, no signs of coolant loss, but I hate the light.
    3. When I'm going about 20 mphs my rps seem to wave up and down just a bit, I don't know the cause but I heard it's something to do with the idler pulleys and or sensors.
    4. I have an intake leak that sounds like my car is trying to be turbo'd, it whistles at the end, I have a feeling it's the lower intake boot, correct me if I'm wrong.
    5. I hit 142k and this baby needs a new diaper!!!

Item's I have purchased:
    Level 1 Coolant Kit

Radiator

CCV or Oil Separator Valve

Item's I think I will also need, again correct me if I'm wrong :
    Accessory Belt

AC Belt(Figure why not since I'm in there)

Idler Pulley /w dust caps

This is the AutoTranny Thermo(I don't think this came with the kit, but I heard I should replace this as well.)

Things I've been trying to find, but can't really pin point:
    -Idle sensors(I hope I'm right?)
    -Spark Plugs(I vaguely remember NBK ebrkqup, or something like that,Help please)
    -I heard Seafoam is a smart idea in some cases for smoother idle,
    -Lower intake boot, I been trying to find, but I don't know how to know if that's where the whistle is coming from, I don't trip any codes .
    -Tensioner, I do not know which one is usually recommended to be replaced.
    -Tranny Fllush
    -New Brake Fluid
    -Possibly 02 sensors?

I am getting the first of the parts on Thursday in UPS, should I wait before I have it all put on and gather the rest or just go ahead and put it on?

I need all the advice I can get.

If I am missing anything or need to be looking in different areas please let me know.

Thanks guys!!!!!

-Idle sensors(I hope I'm right?) Do you mean Idle Control Valve?Camshaft Position Sensors?
    -Spark Plugs(I vaguely remember NBK ebrkqup, or something like that,Help please) NGK bkr6equp
    -I heard Seafoam is a smart idea in some cases for smoother idle, Yes-Walmart
    -Lower intake boot, I been trying to find, but I don't know how to know if that's where the whistle is coming from, I don't trip any codes .
    -Tensioner, I do not know which one is usually recommended to be replaced. Replace both tensioners and the deflection pulley
    -Tranny Fllush, You can swap out fluid, but won't be able to DIY flush. Need the sticker on side of your tranny.
    -New Brake Fluid - I used super blue race fluid. I think theres better stuff out there though.
    -Possibly 02 sensors? Get O2 sensors off of Amazon
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You've gotten most covered pretty well, here are my thoughts:

- Radiator is one of the only items that seems to last on the cooling systems of these cars, but if you've already ordered, no problem to go ahead and replace
    - For the tension pulley, you'll need to look and see if you have the hydraulic or mechanical.
    - Spark Plugs: NGK BKR6EQUP
    - I'd hold off on the tranny fluid until you've done all the other maintenance to see if it is really needed.
    - Not sure what you mean by idle sensors, but if you're having problems with RPMs surging at idle, check the Idle air Control Valve (ICV).
    - For the whistling, you'll just need to carefully inspect the plumbing for cracks. Dane Wilson has a photo of the common failure point under #9 here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    -Idle sensors(I hope I'm right?) Do you mean Idle Control Valve?Camshaft Position Sensors?
    -Spark Plugs(I vaguely remember NBK ebrkqup, or something like that,Help please) NGK bkr6equp
    -I heard Seafoam is a smart idea in some cases for smoother idle, Yes-Walmart
    -Tensioner, I do not know which one is usually recommended to be replaced. Replace both tensioners and the deflection pulley
    -Tranny Fllush, You can swap out fluid, but won't be able to DIY flush. Need the sticker on side of your tranny.
    -New Brake Fluid - I used super blue race fluid. I think theres better stuff out there though.
    -Possibly 02 sensors? Get O2 sensors off of Amazon
    Quote Originally Posted by telijah View Post
    You've gotten most covered pretty well, here are my thoughts:

- Radiator is one of the only items that seems to last on the cooling systems of these cars, but if you've already ordered, no problem to go ahead and replace
    - For the tension pulley, you'll need to look and see if you have the hydraulic or mechanical.
    - Spark Plugs: NGK BKR6EQUP
    - I'd hold off on the tranny fluid until you've done all the other maintenance to see if it is really needed.
    - Not sure what you mean by idle sensors, but if you're having problems with RPMs surging at idle, check the Idle air Control Valve (ICV).
    - For the whistling, you'll just need to carefully inspect the plumbing for cracks. Dane Wilson has a photo of the common failure point under #9 here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-maintenance
    NGK bkr6equp - Thanks wrote that down.
    And yes the idle control valve!!! I was trying to remember what that was referred to as.
    Seafoam just goes straight into the vacuum right?
    Both Tensioners?Ones hydraulic and ones mechanical, which one is correct? http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325.../Drive_Belts/2

I believe this is the right LIB(lower intake boot)

Amazon sells O2 sensors? Never knew that.(I don't know which one is the correct one! Never changed these before!)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...2+sensor&ajr=0

And thanks for the link! That picture made it really helpful! I'm going to run outside work and check it right now since I'm all finished for the day.

Appreciating all the help fellas!

Seafoam is....

1/3 can in the intake VIA the brake booster line.

1/3 can in gas tank.

1/3 can in crankcase for 10 to 20 miles...then change oil.

Clean the icv with car cleaner, and inspect disa when doin all this.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I recently sold some E30 stuff to a guy who also has an '02 325i with higher mileage and he told me the vanos rehab worked wonders for his motor.

You might consider that while doing spark plugs. You should also replace valve cover gasket and the 15 related nut seals at that time in order to avoid future duplication of labor.

Much more info at DrVanos.com & beisansystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    I recently sold some E30 stuff to a guy who also has an '02 325i with higher mileage and he told me the vanos rehab worked wonders for his motor.

You might consider that while doing spark plugs. You should also replace valve cover gasket and the 15 related nut seals at that time in order to avoid future duplication of labor.

Much more info at DrVanos.com & beisansystems.com
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerLovin View Post
    1. Car kind of rumbles at a stop, little shakey.
    I've had that happen... should def do VANOS with that many miles on the clock. I only got the seals, no rattle kit

Will redoing the seals not fix the rattle? The rattle kit seemed really expensive (it was something like $200 when I checked)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Seals fix the idle hiccup, rattle kit is literally what it says - to fix a rattling noise which I dont have so I didn't get it

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Seals fix the idle hiccup, rattle kit is literally what it says - to fix a rattling noise which I dont have so I didn't get it
    Oh ok. Is the Dr. Vanos kit the only way to fix the rattle noise? More importantly, does.the rattle cause.any damage? Or is it bad to be left unfixed?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast