The 1990 E30 325is was once a top of the line 3 series. The year was 1990, back when BMWs were still enthusiast-built cars, not produced for the masses but instead for those who were looking for an alternative driving machine that was built with the driver in mind. In a world where BMWs are more mass-market produced (yet are still the benchmark for a luxury sedan), the E30 shines as it represents a time when "more more more" wasn't the priority.

This E30 has found a new lease on life. Under the caring supervision of its previous owner, it has survived the last few years and has provided driving joy. But, like any 1990's car, it is showing its age. While the engine may be looking at its final year, it is given a new opportunity to continue bringing stupid grins to whomever drives it. It will receive a heart transplant to restore its youthful and playful persona, yet still maintain the badass complex it currently carries. It may be old, but who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

While it may not be my car, its new owner is just as fanatical as I, and I have full confidence that he will do unto this vehicle as I do unto mine.

So, as it sits in its inconspicuous existance, the thoughts brew on about what it will experience in the coming years, but one thing is for certain: I for one, sometimes wish that I could have driven it home from Pennsylvania the day it changed hands, as the thought of pure driving pleasure came rushing back to me, reminding me of why I sometimes regret selling my old E30.

In the end, I had no regrets buying the ZHP, but there is something to be said about a "lowly" E30.

<this space reserved for a dramatic picture of said lowly E30. stay tuned.>