Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Stoptech Street Performance Pads stop more than just my car!

After doing research online I decided to go with StopTech Street Performance pads. Driving with them right after installation was a bit sketchy but that feeling disappeared with a few miles of use. Now after 600 miles I'm proud to say that these pads stop like my OEM pads.

There's no noise from the pads at all and as I say, they stop more than just my car. They stop me from cursing at OEM pad dust, stop me from cleaning my car every 3 days, and stop me to look back a second, third, or fourth time as I walk away from my car.

I got a chance to bed the brakes after driving 400 miles and after 10+ repeated stops from 60MPH the pads just kept taking the punishment without complaining. There was no brake fade or noise as the rotors heated up to high levels. The only thing that made me aware of working the brakes like I did was a slight smell of brake pad material when I made a U turn at walking pace. I made sure that the car didn't stop for 15-25 minutes after the bedding to slowly cool off and everything is perfect now.

Even after washing the wheels, it would take my rotors a few revolutions to get max OEM pad stopping power at a cold soaking wet temperature. With these new pads I don't even notice that even when everything is cold and wet.

Here are a few pictures I took after the 400 miles:

That's it! after a thumb wipe of one spoke:

The dust is kind of orange/pink which blends in with lighter painted wheels than dark OEM dust:

But when the sun isn't shining on them directly from sunset level, you'd have to be a couple feet away to notice the wheels were getting a bit dusted:

When shopping for pads you'll have to find your own balance of - more dust:less dust; more noise:less noise; hotter optimum temps:colder optimum temps; more rotor wear;less rotor wear.

So far these Stoptech pads are a great balance of "street performance" driving as they are named. They work totally fine in cold summer temps which I will learn more when the winter drive the temps down below 32F. A lot of 330 drivers have experienced the "no brakes" when the brakes haven't been used in miles on a rainy day on the highway. I feel that these pads will turn those scary memories into history. Have fun searching for YOUR ideal brake pad and I hope that this review helps in decision making for the future.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Gheybe Guest
    ill be getting these next.

I'm running stoptech and love them. And the pricing on them are pretty Damn good.

The Stop Techs you sent me Ray were dusty pads bro. Which ones are these.

Nice writeup Trevor. Always a pleasure.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    The Stop Techs you sent me Ray were dusty pads bro. Which ones are these.

Nice writeup Trevor. Always a pleasure.
    stoptech street performance. his wheels must have some dust repellent. I get a good amount of dust myself. But when you compare to OEM its a difference :

I like me them stoptech street performance (Thanks Ray).

The initial bite that was on OEM is not there though (after >2000 miles).

I do agree with RoverT and Smilez that the dust is significantly less than OEM.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I have "Wheel Wax" on my wheels. I don't know if that helps. But I only apply it once a year and that's when my winter setup is mounted.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I have "Wheel Wax" on my wheels. I don't know if that helps. But I only apply it once a year and that's when my winter setup is mounted.
    Not to take anything away from the pad...but that's probably a huge reason why the dust is low.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

+1 one.

i need to go buy me some wheel wax.

I guess my experience is still relative and the same as your situations with or without protection. OEM pads are still significantly darker and nastier than StopTechs...haha. It's been a full week now of not washing & driving through construction site and I can see some build up of dirt/tar on the wheels. The dust is a brownish/orange color now!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast