Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sony Camera will drive you to speechlessness

Sony Alpha 77

World's fastest shooting DSLR. Get action photos, HD Movies and Live View shots that other cameras miss, thanks to Sony's exclusive Translucent Mirror Technology. Enjoy 24.3 megapixel resolution—with the world's fastest shooting— up to 12 frames per second—and the world's first OLED electronic viewfinder.

2nd Generation Translucent Mirror Design

24.3 MP; best-in-class resolution

World's fastest up to 12 fps continuous

HD Movies at 60p, 60i, or 24p

HD movies with full manual control

HDMI output for HD viewing

921K dot TruBlack LCD screen

World's first OLED viewfinder

Three-way tilt/swivel LCD screen

AUTO+ (Advanced Auto) mode

Top mounted LCD

Full-time Phase Detection AF

World's shortest release time lag

Object Tracking AF

19-point Auto Focus

6-image layering

Multi-frame NR

Handheld Twilight mode

Auto HDR built into camera

ISO 16000 sensitivity

11 Picture Effect modes

3D Sweep Panorama

Sweep Panorama Mode

Built-in GPS

Shot Result Preview

Main Sensor Quick AF Live View

SteadyShot INSIDE stabilization

P/A/S/M exposure modes

Sony Exmor technology

Upgraded BIONZ image processor

APS-C size HD CMOS image sensor

Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO)

Face Detection and Registration

Smile Shutter technology

Slot for two media types

Up to 530 Shots of battery life

Rugged, magnesium alloy body

Advanced Anti-Dust Technology

Built-in Flash (GN12)

There is also the A65 which is a little toned down version of this camera
    with the main difference being 10fps, 15 point auto focus, and some in-camera options

i believe both are scheduled to release in October

the A77 will be selling for
    1,999 w/lense
    1,399 body
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Transluce.../dp/B005IHAIC0

A65 will be selling for
    999 w/lens
    899 body
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Transluce...6088030&sr=1-1

let me know what you guys think
    I am personally thinking of saving up for the A65 and waiting for personal experience reviews to be released about it

THE ANGRY TOMATO

Do want!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

So...question. I am not even close to being knowledgeable about photography equipment. Stats sound cool, but why is it that whenever I see professional photographers they're never holding anything but Nikon or Canon? Really not trying to incite a pissing contest or anything....just genuinely asking if Sony is a real "player" ?

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    So...question. I am not even close to being knowledgeable about photography equipment. Stats sound cool, but why is it that whenever I see professional photographers they're never holding anything but Nikon or Canon? Really not trying to incite a pissing contest or anything....just genuinely asking if Sony is a real "player" ?
    We need Casey, Neil, and Gabe to weigh in on this. Then we'll know.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

So, if I want all those features, but only want to pay $300-400, what options do I have?

Jason | 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | 6 Speed Manual | Imola Red | Natural Brown | BBS Style 197s | Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by goofiefoot View Post
    So, if I want all those features, but only want to pay $300-400, what options do I have?

Quote Originally Posted by goofiefoot View Post

So here is what I think about the Sony A77.

Go to a camera store or local retailer and pick up cameras, try to navigate menus, take a few shots, judge the weight, and just play with it in general for a minutes. Do this with several makes and brands of cameras. If you find one that is comfortable and just seems to make sense to you, that is the one you should go for. These are just tools, do not get caught up in 24.3 megapixel who ha crap. 1% of us will ever be good enough to shoot a billboard or something requiring files that size. A hammer from Walmart isnt much different than a hammer from Bob's Tool Emporium. Go with something that is comfortable in your hands and makes sense for you.

The only concern I would have with Sony is aftermarket lens availability but apparently they are in bed with Minolta, so there is glass out there.

And while we are asking questions, I will throw this one out there: what's the point of 24.3 MP? Having been in the photography market for all of four weeks, it seems obvious to me that we're in the middle of a pixel war. Still, is this just a marketing gimmick? Other than Sony selling a grip of memory cards to accompany this camera, what's the point? And won't the higher res sensor (which will require more amplification -- because the pixels are so tiny) require more noise reduction? And, if it does, what does that mean for the camera as it moves into the higher ISO levels (which you'll need for low-light conditions)?

What I also don't know, but would love to hear from the experts, is whether Sony is known for producing top-quality glass for its cameras. We know Nikon and Canon make great glass. How about Sony?

As you can tell, I have more questions than answers. Looking forward to what the pros have to say.

Signed,

Guy who has owned a camera since August 23.

To answer your questions...

Mo pixels mo problems...

Memory card sales will skyrocket..Sony is known for having proprietary equipment.

Sony = Minolta when it comes to glass so no issues there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast