Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am certainly not a pro in any sense of the word lol
    but when I saw the specs on this camera along with the AF speed
    i was impressed, as for glass i believe has their own line of lenses along with being compatable with aftermarket ones
    as for all the nitty gritty details that requier an knowledgeable person ..... IDK lol

but the camera looks to be a huge contendor for the under $1000 category of dslr cameras (A65)
    I have been looking at the A77 videos from people using them in Japan and have only been even more impressed
    by the capabilities of this camera
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Quote Originally Posted by C Withers Media View Post
    To answer your questions...

Mo pixels mo problems...

Memory card sales will skyrocket..Sony is known for having proprietary equipment.

Sony = Minolta when it comes to glass so no issues there.
    quick question

I know that higher resolution = larger file sizes
    but what file size per picture would i be looking at if i bought this camera?

I see what your saying about possibly using high res cameras to help suppliment the possible fall in sony's memory card sales lol
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Casey, any insight into my question about packing all of those pixels on the sensor? What will that mean for noise?

12 to 14 Mb files sizes in Raw format on 24mp. 5-7Mb files sizes in .jpeg on 24 mp.

I know several 5dMk2 owners who typically manage their in camera settings down to 12 ish MP for that reason and the loss of IQ that comes with stuffing that many pixels.

If you are shooting billboards and poster sized photos day in and day out, it makes perfect sense. If you are uploading 600x800 files to the internet there is a huge loss of data in compression.

Quote Originally Posted by C Withers Media View Post
    12 to 14 Mb files sizes in Raw format on 24mp. 5-7Mb files sizes in .jpeg on 24 mp.
    Damn. Big files. Sony is going to sell a lot of cards. And I am guessing they will be Sony cards.

This should be moved to Casey's Corner so other photogs can chime in. The last thing I want to do is give a bad impression of this piece of equipment having never held it.

sorry if i put it in the wrong section
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

My D3100 shoots outrageous sizes like 4000x(insert 4:3 number here).

Whoever falls into the MP game is in it for the wrong reasons IMO

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by jreyes19 View Post
    No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by jreyes19 View Post
    It wasn't in wrong section....it's just in a section now, that will get better feedback.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast