Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How to move the trunk release button to here...?

maybe next to SPORT button? not my car, but from this thread

The reason is im somewhat used to see the trunk release button on that area, like in my e53 and my current e70...

any DIY???

i did a quick search and came up with nothing
    i would assume that it would consist simply of

-removing button

-add extra wire so the button reaches further (so cute the button wire then sodder more wire to it)

- before soddering the added wire to the button, take apart center console

- feed the wire under the carpet and under the center console

-fabricate a place to put the button, whether cutting a square hole next to sport button

-test fit,

-then sodder the added wire to the button (while button is already in place, next to sport button)

-then put it all back and find a way to cover the rectabgular hole where the trunk release button used to be (could use moldable plastic or something)

the hard part i think would be fitting the button next the the sport button, cutting a rectangular hole and making a bracket for the button

BTW does where the button sit now have a bracket that can be melted or attatched to fit behind the button bar, (next to the sport button)?

hope this helped or ignited some kind of idea
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

I have no sport button, what car is that?

Quote Originally Posted by hermes View Post
    i have no sport button, what car is that?
    e46 m3

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I have no sport button, what car is that?
    a 330xi
    it is in the link the OT posted
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Quote Originally Posted by jreyes19 View Post
    a 330xi
    it is in the link the OT posted
    JReyes is correct, its a "German 330xi", the owner of that car did a lot of awesome mods on his car.... that thread is a "Must read"...

also, im with you on your concept/idea, i just wish its really that easy and no surprises.... only one way for me to find out...

Sorry, didn't notice the link. He says he did it himself...

"The Sport-Button is a thing which is developed by me, connected to a sprint-booster-module. If you enable the Sport-Button, the e-Gas is more responsive and aggressive, like a M3 Engine."

I really like how he painted/clear coated the rear diffuser
    Last edited by Hermes; 09-15-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Yeah.....that guys got a lot of hours in that car. Very nicely done. Much respect.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post
    e46 m3
    E46 M3 never had that type of automatic shifter so it's not an ///M... but as far as I know the sport button only came with the ///M so this must have been retrofitted....very nicely done I might say...

I thought it was a German 330Xi? You gotta read the thread. Pretty impressive.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast