Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: Which Glass do I Choose?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aftermarket Glass

7 33.33%
  • OEM Glass

14 66.67%
  • Live with the Crack

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BMW OEM Windshield or Aftermarket Windshield?

The question is simple.

You simply need to click.

Leave a post if you must.

But don't be a pr!ck.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Why one of the other?

In respect to durability feel free to comment.

No NSFW.

Do not be rude.

Share past experiences with others.

How do you usually get your windshield replaced?

In respect to cost, how much does it typically cost you?

Ease into the thread. All questions need not be answered at once.

Love you guys.

Don't be a stranger.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

lol you are a good poet

I live in florida
    where windsheilds are free
    insurance pays
    so OEM for me
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Damn you Floridians got it gooood.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have 2 e30's that I replaced the windshield on both, one with original bmw glass and the other was aftermarket, no noticeable differences in my opinion.

i had a chip filled but you can still see where it was (stupid trucks on the freeway kicking up crap), gonna have to eventually change it but haven't got around to it yet.

DW, how come we don't have a choice of Lexan?

Idkwti?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

I voted OEM.

This is from a glass website not associated with any vehicle manufacturer:

"Aftermarket glass is made by companies that do not contract with any car manufacturers, and do not have the legal right to manufacture auto glass to the exact same specifications as OEM distributors due to licensing and copyright laws. Safelite is one of the main aftermarket or "original equipment equivalent (OEE)" auto glass manufacturers. Aftermarket glass is significantly cheaper than OEM or dealer glass. It's usually a different thickness than OEM glass, and most dealers will not accept aftermarket glass when you return a leased vehicle because the glass differs so much from the original design, and does not carry the same guarantees as OEM auto glass."
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Idkwti?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Lexan - aka lightweight race 'glass', really its a polycarbonate resin thermoplastic

TMS is selling an unused one for $450
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-42...eild-used.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Lexan - aka lightweight race 'glass', really its a polycarbonate resin thermoplastic

TMS is selling an unused one for $450
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-42...eild-used.aspx
    Shipping is $100.00 and it's for an ///M3 - 2 door only. No fun!

That thing only weighs 15 lbs!

Now I know what Lexan is. Thank you.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jreyes19 View Post
    lol you are a good poet

I live in florida
    where windsheilds are free
    insurance pays
    so OEM for me
    I never understood this logic. They're free, so why does it matter OEM or not? All windshields have to meet the same safety standards.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast