Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ftw. And..we're on a 3 hour delay.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

was it an ignitor, or a ballast? I dont remember if xenons have separate ignitor and ballast, or they are all in one parts.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

How the crap did you figure that was your problem??? Nice work.

Thanks for the pic, I was wondering how people knew if they had ZKW or not. I fear the day my lights get too dim and I have to throw $$$ at them to get them to work as they should!!!! I guess I will wait and just add A/Es then.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    How the crap did you figure that was your problem??? Nice work.

Thanks for the pic, I was wondering how people knew if they had ZKW or not. I fear the day my lights get too dim and I have to throw $$$ at them to get them to work as they should!!!! I guess I will wait and just add A/Es then.
    Magic

Reviving Dane's old thread. I have the same problem as BP but for my passenger side (AL) HID headlight. Sometimes it fires late, sometimes it doesn't fire at all, but once it's burning it burns nice and bright until I shut them down (just replaced both HID bulbs). I was thinking I'd have to buy the igniter/ignitor and ballast together, but thanks to Dane's RealOEM link, I see the part is available separately for $96 from ECS tuning, $132 from Pelican, or $108 from BavAuto. Used one on eBay for like $89.

Can I be confident given my symptoms that I only need replace the igniter?

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It's my understanding that the ballasts are all-or-nothing items. My driver's side fog light randomly doesn't work, and it's an HID setup. I suspect the ballast, because sometimes I turn the fogs on and only the right side illuminates. If I turn them off and back on again a couple of times, sometimes the driver's side will come back on and it will stay on the entire way until I turn the car off. Other times, it will start up the first time, and whenever it starts up, it stays on until the car gets shut off again. At that point, it's hit-or-miss whether it'll start up the first time when they're turned on again.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Reviving Dane's old thread. I have the same problem as BP but for my passenger side (AL) HID headlight. Sometimes it fires late, sometimes it doesn't fire at all, but once it's burning it burns nice and bright until I shut them down (just replaced both HID bulbs). I was thinking I'd have to buy the igniter/ignitor and ballast together, but thanks to Dane's RealOEM link, I see the part is available separately for $96 from ECS tuning, $132 from Pelican, or $108 from BavAuto. Used one on eBay for like $89.

Can I be confident given my symptoms that I only need replace the igniter?
    There's an easy way to figure it out. Swap ballasts.

I replaced one of my AL ballasts after using some cheap chinese bulbs (for a week) that I got for $40. Have since ordered proper bulbs and have had 0 problems.

Same thing is happening to me. BTW the igniters for ZKW and AL are different! I found that out the other day. I'll need to buy a new igniter here shortly as mine fires if it has been fired recently but past 12 hours or so it takes several minutes to fire up.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

My left headlight is ZKW while the right is AL, so I don't think I can swap ballasts. Left igniter is fine but projector bowl is burnt. Right projector bowl is fine but igniter is sketchy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12