Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nike001 Guest
    The kit I had my local dealer look up was P/N:

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good luck. In for pics. Did you buy new fsm's as well?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Chuck....Where did you purchase your BMW performance suspension kit? Gary, hopefully my ZHP goes up the rack in Vista BMW to be the guinea pig......I wouild love to have all to see and have comments.
    Could you provide the P/Ns for the front & rear shocks? Are you also replacing your sway bars?
    Bump.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    The kit I had my local dealer look up was P/N:

Can you verify that P/N?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Can you verify that P/N?
    33500429577 is same the # that's on my invoice from TMS.

Quote Originally Posted by 05ImolaRed View Post
    33500429577 is same the # that's on my invoice from TMS.
    Ok.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Had a good day working on the ZHP. Took longer than I thought, but I'd never done it on my own before. I did get both RTABs removed and the Powerflex ones installed. I also cleaned my hubs, lubed and torqued my studs on rear hub. I had planned on adjusting the parking brake but apparently its a different deal than an e36.

Day started off w a trip to Harbor Freight for an $38 electric impact gun & spring compressors. I love that place!

RTAB diy I used. I found I had to release the brake line from the trailing arm because I thought it was pulling too much when I was getting the bushing out which they didnt comment on in the DIY

My secret weapon - from Victory Tools -RTAB bushing puller/installer

Suck-cess!

I got stuck here. The inside portion of the powerflex bushing wouldnt install easily. I ended up using the RTAB bushing tool to press it in. Surprising because DIY said you could just pound it in w/ a rubber mallet - I tried but it didnt work for me.

After I finished w/ rear of car, I took it off lift and subjectively could tell a diff from front to rear w/ leaning on car hard and letting go fast - felt much more firm than the front. I plan to do front in a few days or maybe this weekend w/ some help.

Could you provide the P/Ns for the front & rear shocks? Are you also replacing your sway bars?
    U still want these or is the # for the kit ok?

Individual part #'s for shocks/struts.....

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...08&hg=31&fg=95

Just FYI, these suspension packages are all sold out and NLA. I luckily got one right before they sold out. Works great but I'm not noticing a big change. I guess my old stuff was in good shape still. I still have a set of ZHP shocks/struts with 10,000 on them that I bought a couple of years ago but never installed as well as my old control arms that feel like they have a lot of life left in them. Ball joints don't have any play. I might consider selling either or if someone was interested.

Barry

Thanks for the P/N from Real OEM. I might consider to purchase your 'used' shocks. PMed you with my email address.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Autozone.com
    Thanks for the P/N from Real OEM. I might consider to purchase your 'used' shocks. PMed you with my email address.
    Honestly, a cost effective way to replace you suspension is buy Front and rear, Meyle HD shock mounts, and an H&R cup kit with 1,000,000 mile warranty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast