Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What sized fronts did you mount?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I have (intentionally) mounted 235/40's in the front.

Put about 200miles on the 265s today, albeit mostly highway. I can say the ride seems more comfortable but I did notice the rear end didn't feel as firm or tight while cornering. Not to say it had less grip, just not as responsive...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

you get any rubbing in the rear when going over big bumps? I would think that might be your only problem.

Also, it might throw your speedo off a little. There is a website that calculates that for you. Didn't see it in my bookmarks, but let me know if you can't find it.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

The reason why your tires don't feel that steady feeling is because of the extra rubber tread that is flexing side to side. As your rubber gets stiffer with age and worn out more, there will be less moving from steering wheel input to tire. The ride will always be a bit more softer with brand new tread compared to worn out tires! With bald tires I had more grip on the road and I can take corners like a squirrel can run up vertical home siding...LOL. But come lots of rain, there wasn't enough tread to evacuate water. There's always a give some and lose some in any scenario! Even the best tires!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Also, it might throw your speedo off a little. There is a website that calculates that for you. Didn't see it in my bookmarks, but let me know if you can't find it.
    GPSes are really accurate for that too. I am 3 mph off on my car.

Radar clocked me at the same speed as my GPS as well.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    GPSes are really accurate for that too. I am 3 mph off on my car.

Radar clocked me at the same speed as my GPS as well.
    Good point, forgot about that. And of course, BMW speedos are off anyway to start with, always just a little low.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good point, forgot about that. And of course, BMW speedos are off anyway to start with, always just a little low.
    Cool didn't know that. On my CSLs I'm running smaller diameter wasn't sure if it was because of that.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    Cool didn't know that. On my CSLs I'm running smaller diameter wasn't sure if it was because of that.
    For clarity's sake, the BMW speedos read HIGH, your actual speed is lower. That's what I meant to say.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Let me see what my 'new' ZHP runs; it comes with D-Force Empower 9.5s on back, so if you want to dump these, I might be in the market!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast