Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: pulleys

pulleys

so today i ordered the light weight pulleys for my zhp from ecstuning.com cant wait for them to arrive i want to see the difference they make on my zhp.

I'm all in for the details ...

Unless they are a larger diameter, they really won't do much. The added benefit is they are made of aluminium so they won't have to be changed for the life of the car.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

What brand pulleys did you order?
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

i ordered the one ecs has on their website , their brand is ecs? are they good?

I didn't know they were branding pulleys. Last time I looked they were selling UUC pulleys.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

I've never really looked into pulleys before. Can someone tell me their benefit? As I understand it they are lighter (will aluminum really hold up better than steel?)
    I also understand the underdrive certain things. What is under/over driven with the pulleys and what does this impact? I surely would hate to tear something up or make it wear out or put something else at risk if it's designed around a certain expected speed. (perhaps it doesnt matter) pros/cons ??

Thanks in advance for any education provided .

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
    I've never really looked into pulleys before. Can someone tell me their benefit? As I understand it they are lighter (will aluminum really hold up better than steel?)
    I also understand the underdrive certain things. What is under/over driven with the pulleys and what does this impact? I surely would hate to tear something up or make it wear out or put something else at risk if it's designed around a certain expected speed. (perhaps it doesnt matter) pros/cons ??

Thanks in advance for any education provided .
    They won't impact anything negatively....though some say power steering is affected.

They basically give up less losses to pulley utilities > more power to the wheels.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    They won't impact anything negatively....though some say power steering is affected.

They basically give up less losses to pulley utilities > more power to the wheels.
    Probably a good item to do at the time of putting on a new belt. Which is in my next 10k future (i.e. before years end)

From TMS:

"As used on our racecars and street cars, these are engineered not only to be the best pulley kits on the market but also to provide the best compromise between performance and reliability. Specifically, we have designed them to underdrive the water pump, power steering pump and alternator*. Adding these is like getting FREE HORSEPOWER - there are no downsides and underdriving each of these accessories has been proven safe through years of on and off-track use. We do not believe it is safe to change the crankshaft pulley due to the potential harm to the crankshaft. These kits provide a 10%-20% overall reduction in driving your car's systems and have been dyno-tested with a gain of up to 11hp.

Kit includes water pump, power steering, alternator pulleys and belt. The T-6061 hard anodized aluminum pulleys account for a 10 to 20-percent decrease in accessory speeds, reducing the load on the engine but still maintaining a safe margin for reliability on all components. Installation involves removing the fan for easy access to the front of the engine. The main drive belt comes off easy and each pulley is mounted with Allen head bolts. Typical installation time is 1.5 hours. New main drive belt is included. The pulleys were good for 10.7hp at 6960 rpm and 8.1 lb-ft of torque at 5550 on the 1995 M3."

There are others. Just to give you an idea of what they do

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast