Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's a very small world...

Funny ZHP-related story...

First, the background. I moved to Utah last fall, a small suburb southwest of Salt Lake City, UT. I joined the ZHP Mafia probably four or five years ago, reading and dreaming and researching (and saving), and finally bought my ZHP this summer.

So, this morning I'm reading a local Facebook group related to my suburb. There was a deer-related post (we see a lot of them in our area) and somebody shared a link to another local group related specifically to that subject. Right there in a thread about a dead deer and a suspected poacher in the area, was a post by somebody named Jim Conforti. Naaaahhh. Couldn't be. I'm a member of several BMW-related FB groups so I had to double-check to make sure I wasn't looking at some national or BMW group. Nope. My little suburb. Read down a couple of comments and a another of his posts even referenced something along the lines of driving either a read Jeep or a gray BMW. No way. This can't be.

A couple of minutes of googling and poking around FB pages, and it turns out that not only do I live in the same suburb, but even the same subdivision, and probably just a couple of blocks away. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm willing to bet the Space Gray E92 M3 I see roll by the house from time to time is him.

Too damn funny. What a strange, small world.

I'm pretty sure I can't not get a Shark Injector now. It's destiny. Or something.

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Wow ... that's very cool ! TBH, the name Jim Conforti didn't ring a bell. But, when you said Shark Injector everything made sense. And according to your profile, you have been with us almost 4.5 years.

Pretty cool

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    And according to your profile, you have been with us almost 4.5 years.
    Crazy! It doesn't seem possible that it was more than four years ago. Where the hell has the time gone?

You know something else crazy? This is almost as weird as moving to the same neighborhood with Jim Conforti.

I was looking through old photos the other day on my iPad and found a photo of the first ZHP I test-drove. According to the date stamp on the photos, it was the afternoon of May 12, 2012. Here is that car:

Name:  IMG_0389.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  535.1 KB

I think I may have even posted on the forum about it very early on after my test drive. It was an automatic and I was asking about performance.

Next, here's the car I ended up buying this summer:

Name:  IMG_0873.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  375.4 KB

* Cue Twilight Zone music. *

I had completely forgotten what color that car was I test drove back in 2012. I would have sworn it was white, and I had no clue what color the leather was. Heck, I didn't even remember that I'd taken a photo of it until I stumbled on to it.

I wasn't after a silver car, and I wasn't even planning on a vert. The move to sunny Utah prompted me to switch to vert, the color was sort of dictated by the clean car I found with low miles, and the interior color worked because I didn't want my kids to burn themselves on hot black leather, but I ended up buying a car almost exactly like the one I drove three years earlier and had completely forgotten about.

The universe is weird.

SC
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

good neighbor to have haha
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    good neighbor to have haha
    Really, I would be stalking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Really, I would be stalking lol
    LOLs. Just looked him up on my county assessor site. Yep - three blocks from me. Four-car garage. Seems about right.

SC

Stalking status achieved. I would go old school, "do you wanna be my friend? "

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Stalking status achieved. I would go old school, "do you wanna be my friend? "
    This.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Ooh, I like the "wanna be my friend" message... But, I'm thinking of trimming out letters from a magazine to make the note and taping it on his door. At 2am.

SC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast