Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you've got a garage and tools, now might be the time to invest in a portable heater. Otherwise, like I said - find a good independent BMW repair shop.

Check with www.bimrs.org for a list of independent BMW shops.

Thank you for all your advises, will do as per danewillson77.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Do...oil, tranny and diff fluids, check the brakes, air filter and in cabin filter....asap

After this, we can get into the more serious stuff...
    +1. Assume the PO did less than the BMW schedule. Take care of the above first. Recommend you use approved fluids (oil/tranny/diff).

When checking the brakes, don't just check the pads and rotors - how does the car stop? How does the pedal feel? Firm? Spongy? Brake fluid doesn't last forever - it may also be a good time to do a brake fluid flush. Or at least something to think about in the next 5-15k miles. When I bought my car - this was one of the first things I did based on braking performance and pedal feel.

I believe you said you have 45k on the clock - so you've got some time before we have to start thinking about the coolant system.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

agreed - in my profession, the phrase is "if it isn't written down, it didn't happen." just assume that the vehicle was maintained only at a basic level - BMW's free scheduled service - and do what needs to be done for the mileage you are at.

i've been in the Manitoba area (so, not too far away) - it was quite nice - it was also July.....
    - now with 5 speeds

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Do...oil, tranny and diff fluids, check the brakes, air filter and in cabin filter....asap

After this, we can get into the more serious stuff...
    Recommendations on specs/brands Dane? For DESANT and myself . I have the 6-speed manual. Do you recommend ECS for these items?

Yeah....I have done a lot of shopping there...as its a good "one stop shop" for maintenance and some modding.

I got the royal purple synchromax for my tranny and diff...

Also can get air filter, pick up a case of Mann oil filters, and an in cabin filter there also.

Ray would be a good resource for your brakes/pads....he won't let you down.....and just get the approved oil at the cheapest place you can find it
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thank you very much. Going to check all of this on mine tomorrow and order what is needed.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DESANT View Post
    I'll try to make it as short as possible I bought a car 2 weeks ago from Hyundai dealership, the car is trade in, came from California this summer. Brought my car home, looked at the maintenance book and found empty blank pages. Car has 40K miles, the question is should I go to BMW dealership and do all required maintenance for 40k? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I read on one of the BMW forums that not all dealers will stamp the back pages of your owners manual like they're supposed to so just because they may not be stamped it doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't done. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it anyway just that it may not be accurate. I would think that a dealers computer records would be a better way of finding out how well it's been maintained.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12