Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PBR pads

i just put on textar ceramics on my rears. Only put about 500 miles on them so far, and they are rears, so its hard to give a report. Also, its been snowing lately, and the roads are covered in salt, so i dont even know how much the brake dust has been reduced.... so this is a worthless post.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Do you really think the pad would have made a diff in your situation?
    Yes it did. I don't know if I could have avoided it entirely but it would have been lower speed. That's not to say my brakes are weak now, they just used to have ungodly stopping power.

I roughly calculated that with my summer setup of Star Specs (one of the shortest stopping tires available), and the OEM pads I would have been able to stop 20-25 feet quicker; ish is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Brakes only stop the wheel. Tires stop the car. Your wreck was a hydroplane, no?
    No, it wasn't, it was dry. Wheels gotta stop for the car to stop.
    - Derek

ok

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post

No, it wasn't, it was dry. Wheels gotta stop for the car to stop.
    My bad. Confused your wreck with one of the others I read about.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I'm at ECS' site....which PBR pad has less brake dust?

Or even better if someone could give a breakdown which has:
    1) more/less brake dust
    2) more/less OEM stopping power
    3) more/less initial OEM bite
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

spencers Guest
    My pops used PBR (not sure which one) on his Z3. He hated the loss of initial bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I'm at ECS' site....which PBR pad has less brake dust?

Or even better if someone could give a breakdown which has:
    1) more/less brake dust
    2) more/less OEM stopping power
    3) more/less initial OEM bite
    4) more noise

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    Plus this forum seems dead! No one works on their brakes or Sus besides Dane.
    I have flushed and bled my brake lines, but I have not had to do pads and rotors yet. Speaking of... I need to do a product review for my stuff.

I will liven things up a bit when the time comes.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I'll be replacing my rear rotors and pads soon (I bought two sets of BMW Performance rear rotors from ECS--YAY!). Any opinions on the best pads for the ZHP? My criteria are (in order of importance: 1) stopping power/initial bite/cold braking; 2) lack of fade/consistent braking power; 3) decreased noise; 4) rotor life; 5) pad life; 10) dusting. I'm good with OE BMW pads, which I always change at the same time as the rotors, but I'm open to anything that improves on OE performance, whether it dusts more or less. I'd prefer to avoid unnecessary noise. Bavarian Autosport advertises both Pagid Red pads and Mintex Extreme pads as being better than OE. I'm also hearing Stoptech and PBR pads being thrown about. Any opinions?

Along parallel lines, Bavarian Autosport also sells an inexpensive brass guide bushing upgrade kit for our brakes, that's supposed to reduce caliper twist. Has anyone tried these?

Finally...is there any real difference between stainless brake lines? ECS appears to have the best price, but Stoptechs lines appear to be well-tested and solid.

I think the ECS brake lines would be gtg. I have not used but will probably go with the Exact Fit setup they have.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast