Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sealed Battery install diy (perfect fit) doityourself

Autozone has a line of sealed performance batteries and have one that fits e46's perfectly without any mods. $185.00 usd.

Here's the stats

Here's the way it looks mounted

The only difference is the height by about 1/4 inch or so, but the bracket that holds the battery has a screw that you can adjust for that, here's the screw

Loosen that screw until the holes line up, I tightened the one closest to the spare wheel and then lined the other one up with the adjustment, perfect fit. Don't forget to tighten the adjustment screw for a tight fit.

Does anyone know what the connector is for? I have it on mine. Just having it and not knowing where it goes drives me nuts whenever I am back there....
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Isn't that a kill line?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

could be for the alarm shock sensor?
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    could be for the alarm shock sensor?
    No
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    Does anyone know what the connector is for? I have it on mine. Just having it and not knowing where it goes drives me nuts whenever I am back there....
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Isn't that a kill line?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Bump for confirmation.

Yea, I'd like some confirmation on that too. I'm going to do some research today.

the rumors on e46fanatics about that connector/harness is that it was used for a kill switch during shipment of the cars. i can't point to a trustworthy reference, just several posts on the other forums. could just be speculation...

It was also a rumor on ZHPMafia....;o)

That is exactly what that connector is. During shipment of our cars, there was an in-line kill switch that saved the battery from being discharged. During QC1, that switch was removed and discarded.

Sent from an over-glorified pager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast