Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

What does this wire go to?

Noticed a wire that apparently goes to nothing in my car, anybody know what's the deal with this wire? Its by the battery.

Drives me bonkers... It has to go to something, doesn't it?
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

if you have an OEM alarm system it could go to that? Not sure. I would pull back that covering and see if you can trace it out.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Found on another site:

It's a lead for a little LED that the dealership can run to under the rear window so they can tell at a glance when a battery is going dead on a car that's been sitting for a while.

OR

that would be the wire for the battery disconnect switch that was installed when the vehicle is new and was disconnected at the dealer. the other end of the wire is just laying under the back seat.

You can see the other end in the right seat in this pic:

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    Drives me bonkers... It has to go to something, doesn't it?
    No.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

pretty sure it is the alarm "tilt sensor" wire, i remember mounting the sensor in that area.
    http://www.cobywheel.com/images/banners/cobybanner1 copy.jpg

I agree with Coby1....alarm wire.

Hermes got it above I believe.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by coby1 View Post
    pretty sure it is the alarm "tilt sensor" wire, i remember mounting the sensor in that area.
    +1, that is correct. When I retrofitted my factory alarm system, this is the wire I found that connected to the tilt sensor. I will have to take another look today when I clean my ZHP...

Edit: Actually JP is correct but there is also a second set of wires for the tilt sensor in that area but that wire is taped away and is not hanging loose like the wire in the pic. The wire pictured is what JP pointed out....
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-25-2015 at 02:57 PM.