Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I think my passenger broke something...

The window was 1/3 open and when they went to close it as they left, they shut it rather hard. I think I crapped myself from the shock wave...

I went to roll the window up and I hear crunching inside and the window goes up a lot slower now. Going down is normal and quiet. Was the glass broken and jamming something or did something just get 'slammed' out of alignment? My car is sad now.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Most likely its your regulator. There are various pieces of the regulator gears that get stripped out and "crunch" as they move. Every regulator that I have had go out on me has made the same noise.

Item number 1:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...25&hg=51&fg=10

If you look at the image you'll see item number 7 which is the motor that goes into the geared portion of the regulator, this is the common failure point. At the bottom (item 6) and top (item 2,3,4) are the plastic guides that tend to break as well.

I really have no idea what I am doing

So in other words my friend closed the door equivalent to being T-boned. Without the body damage. I cried when the door impacted like that...a horrible sound.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

not your friend's fault really. our doors have to be closed way hard to shut properly. sorry to hear regardless.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Trev...our German foreign Exchange student got my rear passenger regulator last week.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I never have to slam my doors and I HATE when people slam my doors. (Grind my gears thread?)

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Trev...our German foreign Exchange student got my rear passenger regulator last week.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    That same guy gave me a small ding to my passenger side rear door with a soccer ball......

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    That same guy gave me a small ding to my passenger side rear door with a soccer ball......
    Wut?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

There is a ding.

I'm over it now. I've come to realize it was her not knowing which made her do what she did. Worst things can happen but it's just a car that can be fixed with money that can be easily made. If anyone gets into this similar scenario remember that money fixes cars. Money doesn't fix feelings and friendships. I'm just glad her fingers didn't get caught or we would have had a messy cleanup! Always remember. Our friends are special! Our cars aren't that special. Thanks guys! Time to repair the damage this next week!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast