Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Regions?

well, i know some people dont want to travel too far from the wife after 7-8 months, so i was trying to suggest that window. but april on the east coast would be fabulous! lets arrange something. has to be done.
    D
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I've gone 1200 miles in 48 hours on 2 wheels for the beer and the challenge-- I certainly wouldn't need my arm twisted to trek south to meet you guys.

If you plan it, they will come....
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

i like your attitude. but lets dont do it too close to mid atlantic, cause i want to DRIVE!!!! (but i will be happy to host in asheville too, if i must. tail of the dragon is less than 2 hrs away.)

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I will drive anywhere within about 12 or 13 hours from my house one way.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

i just envision a chain of ZHP's on the hwy.........im talkin 20 deep....... i dont care where we go. that would be hot.

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    i like your attitude. but lets dont do it too close to mid atlantic, cause i want to DRIVE!!!! (but i will be happy to host in asheville too, if i must. tail of the dragon is less than 2 hrs away.)
    Now you're talking. I made four trips to the dragon when I had my bike. INTENSE is the only way to describe that run.... Someone died there every year I was down there.

The last year I went, we stayed at a motel just south of the end of the Dragon (I don't remember the name)-- so I had the added fun of a 4:30am run of the Dragon in the dark to start my 14 hour ride home

Big fan of the Cherohala Skyway as well--
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I'm down for a southeast gathering. Never had a car worthy of a gathering.

Even if it was 5 regions...

NE
    SE
    MW
    NW
    SW...

.....I think it might be getting close to worth it. I say we go with 50 more members....then set up the regions...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I don't like the regions whatsoever. That will only separate us more. Once we start reaching larger member sizes, we're not going to have much time to read every post on the forums, so we'll tend to stick to our own regions, furthering us from our friends on another coast. I do not like this idea whatsoever.

And as for the meet - of course everything is mega far from where I live. The furthest I drove straight was 5 hours, and I seriously do not think I could do 12-13 hour drives just to do a few Dragon runs. If there was a guarantee of no cops and no traffic, then I'd definitely do it, but there is never a guarantee and it just isn't worth driving that far only to potentially get disappointed.

Plus, if there is a ZHP Mafia meet, it's most likely going to be farther away (more central), making it even more impossible for me to head down there.
    I don't get any paid days off whatsoever, so the farther it is, the more time I'll need, and will run into the issue of having to take days off work to be used for transit time...

If it's somewhere on the east coast then I can probably go, but otherwise, count me out.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yeah, you're exactly right about the regions on a bigger site serving to cause a sort of separation. I ONLY look at my region on Bimmerforums for example. However, on fleurobahn.com (a relatively local european car enthusiasts site that I also frequent) it only serves to keep the site more organized. Its a smaller site and so, like this one, one can easily find time to read all the new posts and keep up with everyone. Its nice, though, when you are planning an even like a small gathering at a restaurant, to have a region to post it in. I think this site might be small enough to make it work.

Maybe we could make the regional sections strictly for gatherings. I think that's the idea. All the "this is what I just did to my car" threads should be in the general sections already here.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast