Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regions?

Yep. The regional forums do fracture the site. That I do not like.

However, we could use the regional forums for get-together, where-to-eat threads, stuff like that. It would not be a hangout, I imagine. That's where the general forum comes in.

The idea of regional forums does make sense for one good reason: it keeps the place orderly. It would be odd, for example, if someone in NC posted a thread about an excellent restaurant in that area -- and posted that information in the general forum.

Or it might be odd if I posted something about Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA. None of you guys on the east coast will care about it. So, it kind of keeps the clutter down in areas.

I've already created the forums (they're hidden right now). I won't release them until I have enough input from the membership on whether we should have regional forums.

Please continue to weigh in.

Thanks.

I think regions would be a nice way to complement the site. I don't think they'll see a lot of posts relative to the general forums, but it would be nice to have a place to go just to see information on a meet or other event going on in your region.

I think that this group is small enough to keep things tight regardless of whether additional region based forums are added.

If it were to start to become an issue and have a fracturing effect, I'm confident that Marcus and Dane would make adjustments to tighten it back up. They have proved more than adept at keeping their thumbs on the pulse of the site and changing on the fly when necessary.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

(thumb on the iPad)

We have the most involved moderator in the WORLD so we will be fine.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Yep. The regional forums do fracture the site. That I do not like.

However, we could use the regional forums for get-together, where-to-eat threads, stuff like that. It would not be a hangout, I imagine. That's where the general forum comes in.

The idea of regional forums does make sense for one good reason: it keeps the place orderly. It would be odd, for example, if someone in NC posted a thread about an excellent restaurant in that area -- and posted that information in the general forum.

Or it might be odd if I posted something about Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA. None of you guys on the east coast will care about it. So, it kind of keeps the clutter down in areas.

I've already created the forums (they're hidden right now). I won't release them until I have enough input from the membership on whether we should have regional forums.

Please continue to weigh in.

Thanks.
    Or a good place to post messages about local meets etc....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    (thumb on the iPad)

We have the most involved moderator in the WORLD so we will be fine.
    Marcus is not the Mod. He's the Founder.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Marcus is not the Mod. He's the Founder.
    I thought Lance was talking about you, DW.

I don't have an iPad....

IDK....just didn't want him to disrespect you boss...

Haha. Good point about iPad. I don't mind. You guys can call me whatever you'd like.

But I like that you're down for the boss.

My bad. I just see Marcus doing most of the moderating

No disrespect intended to either of y'all
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

No disrespect inferred. I have no ego when it comes to titles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast