My wife and I are going to be in the Portland area October 14-18. We're spending 2 nights in Pacific City, 1 night in Hood River, and the last night in downtown Portland. I was there last year with some buddies (beer trip), so I'm familiar with the area, but I wanted some local advice on some places to eat and things to do.

I'm wanting to take her to the Pelican Brewery in Pacific City, but other than that, I'd love some suggestions up and down the coast for good eateries, and some good beaches. We'd love to explore some tidal pools.

We're planning to do some hiking around Mt Hood, and I definitely want to get some pizza at Double Mountain in Hood River, but let me know if there's something else we should make sure to hit.

The night in downtown Portland is really where I'm at a loss. I know where all the brew pubs are, but since this night is our actual anniversary, I'd like something nice, and little quirky. I really enjoyed some of the places we ate breakfast last year, like the Tin Shed and the Arleta Library Cafe, so something along those lines, but for dinner would be great. We won't have the rental car than night, so it would need to be easy (safe) to get to from downtown.

Looking forward to some suggestions! Thanks!