Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Official "What Gear Should I Buy?" Thread

In the market for a nice (mid-level) digital slr package with 2 lenses. Leaning towards the Nikon 5100.. since we have a heck of a lot of great pix posted here, thought this would be a popular item to weigh in on.. Discuss

Moved to Photog....just since that's where the pros hand out...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The D5100, which I own, is really entry level. As a complete beginner I am very happy with it.
    I can't speak for Canon but when I researched this very topic I came up with these answers.
    1. The difference between the 2 is minimal. ( similar price ranges)
    2. Go to a store and mess around with both. Buy what feels better.
    3. More experienced photographers that shoot with either brand, do so because they kept buying the brand they started with.

I can see myself shopping for a better body next year. It will be a Nikon for sure.

Hope this help and good luck.
    -ADAM

thx, just realized my wifes old camera is a canon rebel (film) and even though the old zoom telephoto would be manual, it will still work with the new digital canon bodies..may as well go with canon

btw car pic looks great..still on the hunt for my first zhp

There you. The Canon already makes sense. Now you just have to figure out which one. Good luck!

the t1i, 2i, and 3i
    are all great cameras

i have been getting used to the Nikon d3100 (been to best buy like 5 times already lol)

canons look great though
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Need DSLR Lens input please

First. Do we need a general photography thread in Casey's Corner? My instinct was to put this there, but it really wasn't appropriate.

Anyway. I'm looking to pick up a new lens and wanted some input. I have the Nikon D5100 (w/ kit lens). I also picked up the Nikon 50mm f/1.4 that I use for portraits.
    I'm looking for something non-prime (I think) that's versatile. Mostly for Car shots, Landscapes (not super wide) and maybe multi-person portraits. Am I asking too much of one lens?

Any suggestions? I looked at the Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 Im not sure that my skill level or camera body warrants a $1600.00 lens though. Im sure I can shave 60% off that going with a Sigma.Not sure if that's smart.

Figured Id throw it out there before dropping the cash. Thanks!
    -ADAM

Best multipurpose lens is 18-200 imo...
    It's finally time to settle down,
    my name is Nelson.

^youre not gonna get the same quality glass out of a lens with that much zoom though.

I say look for a lightly used 24-70 2.8 on amazon or fredmiranda.com and save a few hundred bucks, but get the real deal if you plan on doing photography as a serious hobby or possibly to shoot for pay or print for pay.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast