Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The speed volume thing - as in when you go faster, it gets louder and slower it gets softer? Didn't realize these cars did that. Mine does not.

it probably does. You just need to find the settings for it in the radio menu.

the speaker logo has to be lit (on) for it to work. (above the ash tray)
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Just checked the radio manual - no mention of this feature. Does anyone know how to change it?

I've come to realize that you can't do anything about this.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

The volume control can be adjusted, just not turned off. To adjust it, turn the radio off. Then turn it back on while holding down the 'M' on the right for 10 seconds, this will bring up the radio head serial #. Depress the '+' key until the word GAL appears, it should have a 3 next to it (normal factory preset). By using the station presets, you can choose a sensitivity level from 1 thru 6 1-min 6-max sensitivity. When through, turn the radio off again and it will be set.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    the speaker logo has to be lit (on) for it to work. (above the ash tray)
    Not true from what I've seen. Do you have a manual or something that shows this?

Page 11 of the below PDF will walk you through the adjustment of the speed sensing volume.

http://www.linquist.net/system/files...01to2004MY.pdf

Sorry I stand corrected about the "speaker: button.
    Preguy - thanks - will try that.
    To turn the radio off after setting, hit the vol. knob as usual, or keep the "M" button pressed?

EDIT: preguy: the procedure you described" is it to adjust the speed vol sensitivity? or the steering wheel button sensitivity? Just making sure.

Its only for the speed volume. I did it and it makes the function hardly noticeable. The whole "radio turning itself louder and quieter based on speed" thing really REALLY annoys me.

To turn it off and save the new settings, just hit your volume knob and turn it off. You can immediately hit it again and turn it on and your new setting will be saved.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

You don't need to do all that for the speed volume: just any time, even while driving, and the radio is on, hold the small "musical note" button (which you use to adjust treble, bass, etc) down until "speed vol" or "speed" appears on the radio display, then adjust using the - and + buttons, and then just wait and the display returns to normal and all is set.

You're right though - the difference is minimal.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast