Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power Steering Pump

well today while i was taking a left turn my power steering went out!! i wasnt sure what to do, i let my car cool down then i checked the reservoir and it was full. Im guessing my psp is done but im not 100% sure, what should i do? and if i need a new pump where should i get it from?
    thank you

Good read here. Good luck. Post follow on questions. Sorry to hear of your bad misfortune.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ir-Replacement

"I asked the mechanic if it was ok to drive with the damaged pump. (i needed to make sure I wasnt going to damage anything else.) I was told, all would be fine. So, now I had some time, and some choices. I ended up looking for parts online. OEM and comparable brands were $350+ for just the pump. I then went to carparts.com (linked through the site, of course) and found a no-name, brand new, one year warranty for $106. The reservoir, also no name but brand new, was $13.50. Now we were in business! (as a side note here, i almost always buy OEM, or better, replacement parts. However, this part is not a crucial part (like a water pump). If this part fails, it will not leave me stranded on the side of the road. I have chosen to go cheap and see how long it lasts. OEM lasted 140,000 miles.
    Here they are..."

OR....

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/32416760034/

Or....

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=214672

Or....

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...6760034&_fvi=1

P/N link for ya as well.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...56&hg=32&fg=15
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Same thing happened to me about 6 months ago. While the car is on have someone turn the wheel while you have the reservoir cap off and look into it to see if there is any kind of movement of the fluid in the reservoir. If you see nothing its a good bet it failed. Could be a PS line, but if your not seeing any leaking then i would say its your pump itself. Get it checked out though 100%

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

alright thank you ,, sorry for the late reply been busy!
    but another question i am going to order this pump but which one do i order for the zhp, LUK lf-20 or LUK lf-30 ??

Quote Originally Posted by tayyib330i View Post
    alright thank you ,, sorry for the late reply been busy!
    but another question i am going to order this pump but which one do i order for the zhp, LUK lf-20 or LUK lf-30 ??
    Looks like LF-20?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=EV53&mospid=47725&btnr=32_0956& hg=32&fg=15

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

i got my pump from carparts.com for $106 which is a steal compared to most places.

There is a link on the Affiliate Page http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...s-at-ZHP-Mafia

I replaced it myself and it isn't too hard to do.

Good Luck!
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Wil, thanks for supporting ZHPMafia.com with your purchase. Much appreciated. Good pickup at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Wil, thanks for supporting ZHPMafia.com with your purchase. Much appreciated. Good pickup at that price.
    No problem Marcus...always happy to help in anyway.

I've got about 3k miles on it already and its running like a champ!
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

thank you i placed an order for the pump today ! and unfortunately i had to order a coolant tank because it cracked :/.. not a good week for this beamer haha

Gonna need one of these bad boys sooner rather than later... Nice to know it won't cost me a fortune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast