Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Gheybe Guest

Rig Photography by Gheybe

I cannot write this thread and not mention Neil (neil1138). The man has taught me almost literally everything I know about rig photography. After the day I saw how to do it, and what it took, I set my eyes on sourcing out a rig to try it out. A member from another forum has been kind enough to let me use his equipment. I can't thank him enough.

I have been working on these for not long at all, so any comments you would like to make, feel free. Odds are I'll agree with you.

I will not just post the incredible one. I'll make sure to post the crappy ones so you can see how my work flow varies, and how I improve on my own work.
    As always feel free to ask me questions about how I did something or why I did it.

Enjoy the photos!!

:GheybeSpider

Gheybe Guest
    First rig photo I've ever taken.

Gheybe Guest
    Second trial at a rig shot:

Picture is awesome, now... what is rig?

Gheybe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Picture is awesome, now... what is rig?
    A rig is just that. A rig. Something you use to mount the camera on.

Basically, it is a series of suction cups and poles and mounts that extend the camera out of the car, and allow you to achieve a rolling shot. But it is much, much more than a rolling shot. You must then remove the rig from the photo using editing software.

Looking forward to your shots, gabe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
    A rig is just that. A rig. Something you use to mount the camera on.

Basically, it is a series of suction cups and poles and mounts that extend the camera out of the car, and allow you to achieve a rolling shot. But it is much, much more than a rolling shot. You must then remove the rig from the photo using editing software.
    Oohhh, I love the rig technique, really, if you are just making an appartus (sorry for the spelling) for getting a shot I am more than intrigued. Very cool, do yo use suction cups or points where leverage keep your rigs up?

Gheybe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Oohhh, I love the rig technique, really, if you are just making an appartus (sorry for the spelling) for getting a shot I am more than intrigued. Very cool, do yo use suction cups or points where leverage keep your rigs up?
    Suction cups that are mounted to a pole. The amount of suction cups and details of the beam keep the camera up.

Cool shots, Gabe!

So can we see an unedited rig shot? Never really understood how you edit it out. Post production is AMAZING!!!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Gheybe Guest
    Before:

After:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast