Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Trying to make my car a little more edgy

I'm currently working two jobs as a teenager, and I want to do a few things to my car but don't know where to start. lol angel eyes? performance software from active auto or save up for suspension. any ideas? haha Much appreciated

Edgy? So, are you trying to make it handle a little stiffer and more aggressive or are you looking for appearance? You list some aesthetic mods and some go faster mods in your list.

I'm thinking aggressive but will a performance chip do much? if not maybe I will just stick to handling and looks for the time being

[URL="http://"]

Gheybe Guest
    Save your money for a good coilover set up. Makes the world of difference.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I'd start with simple stuff like black kidneys and save up for some coilovers.

EDIT: Gabe beat me to it.

Gheybe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    OK, thanks for clarifying. I'd start with simple stuff like black kidneys and save up for some coilovers.

EDIT: Gabe beat me to it.

I'm currently saving for an AST 4100 set up. Since I got my wheels I've been wanting them. They are absolutely perfect.

although i do agree with gabe and eli you might want to start with the rings around your fog lamps, looks like they're missing in the picture

left: 51117893067
    right: 51117893068

the next thing i would get as it seems like we're coming to the end of the supply is the BMW Perf. Intake if ECS ever gets it off backorder - $296.14 + s/h
    http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...mance/ES35341/

grills, coilovers, etc. will always be available. this intake won't (we already have no supply of the strut brace, only used ones)

I say skip EVERYTHING and do a few Driver's Schools with your local BMW CCA chapter at a track near you. I would learn the car and max about my abilities with the current setup before changing anything with the suspension or engine. The best money you can spend is the money on your skills, and these are the skills that you can take with you from car to car, from year to year. Plus, these skills could just save your bacon one day, like it did for me many times over.

I also recommend car control schools, if your local chapter hosts them.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I say skip EVERYTHING and do a few Driver's Schools with your local BMW CCA chapter at a track near you. I would learn the car and max about my abilities with the current setup before changing anything with the suspension or engine. The best money you can spend is the money on your skills, and these are the skills that you can take with you from car to car, from year to year. Plus, these skills could just save your bacon one day, like it did for me many times over.

I also recommend car control schools, if your local chapter hosts them.
    Very good advice BP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast