Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Awesome! Ya it's on my "to do list". Makes sense you would notice a bit more pep. Less drag on the engine. I did the same mod on my old Chevy 4x4 and noticed it right away also. My fuel mileage went up about 1 mpg also.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Do it...

Im not expecting my mileage to go up as im driving her harder since the conversion, never fails to put a smile on my face...

gawd, i love my zhp... lol...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

Bump. Anyone else do this mod?

planning on doing this to all 3 cars, but still have more important projects on deck

BUMP

Anyone else do this yet? I'm gonna pull the trigger and get it done before it gets too hot here.

Here is a link for the fan for $192 and FREE Shipping.
    http://www.new-part.com/product/bmw-...7-11-7-561-757

IDK Gary. As hot as things get there, wouldn't 2 fans be better? I once thought I'd do this, but I'm not positive I've heard anything that say absolutely this is a better thing. Until I hear more, I'll likely pass on this. I hope it goes well for you though.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

From what I read all the Manuals have the single Electric Cooling Fans. BMW did away with the Mechanical fan in the E46 in 2006. Several guys on E46Fanatics have done this Mod and live in Hot & Humid climates such as Arizona, Texas and Florida. There is a guy that just posted photos of what his mechanical fan did when it came loose on his E46 just before doing this Mod. Ouch...

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Found This...

The only big black question mark that was never understood was:

Why did the BMW Steptronic Automatic cars all come with two fans up until around 2006?

The possible answer or best anyone could come up with was the Steptronic Automatic transmission required some extra cooling hence the extra fan.
    But the question still begs is why did BMW abandon the fan in 2006 with the advent of the E90 and the E60 M54 engine facelift? Did they realize the extra fan was not required?

Terraphantm a while back found some pertinent information relating the relevance of having a second fan to regulate transmission temperature since M3 cars all have the two fans.

But that discussion was not followed up because candidates doing the swap are not doing it on an M3.

As for M54 engine transmission cooling and long term effects I can't say.

Kpeng is the only member I know whom has driven with this mod in his car the longest and he has driven his car daily for a number of years in the hottest/most humid place in the USA (Florida). Another member has driven for over a year in Phoenix Arizona, the hottest/driest place in the USA, with this mod and had no issues.

Both claim that they had no issue with engine temp or tranny temp in all that time so based on their experiences I don't think it will be an issue for anyone living and driving in cooler regions.

The AC compressor is not driven by the fan but it is driven by the fan belts. In theory the AC compressor should perform slightly better because we are removing about 5+ lbs out of the belt drive system when we remove the mechanical fan.

Said and done the entire DIY is 1000000% reversible if after a couple of days you find your car is going bananas. Even if you can't return/refund your electric fan after changing your mind you can sure sell it on eBay for easily what you paid for it.

Also the DIY pays for itself when you sell your old mechanical fan and aux fan assembly. Both on their own each are easily worth $75 to $100 and carry a high demand.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast