Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Yeah I feel like the mt would be a lot of fun but I'm not going to be picky... if I find a zhp that I like I won't turn it down based on the transmission if the performance gains aren't drastic... hokie when I'm back in Raleigh I'll have to shoot you a pm.. I saw your progress thread your ride is coming along great...thanks for the insight on the transmission differences Hermes

So I work for an auto parts company and one of the body shops I visit had a silver 330ci zhp... looked to have minor rear bumper damage... thinking about finding out how to approach the owner aside from the bumper it looked to be in great condition... didn't get to see the front end though... will have to do more investigating tomorrow.... or maybe it belongs to somebody on here

Quote Originally Posted by Frankavelli View Post
    thinking about finding out how to approach the owner...
    Chop block then slip a ZHPMafia card in his pocket. Works for me....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Chop block then slip a ZHPMafia card in his pocket. Works for me....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Hahaha... Is that how you picked up yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankavelli View Post
    I'm amazed at the responses in a welcome thread haha. This is a great first impression haha! ... You guys deinitely seem like a great group ,and I appreciate the info you've already shared with me. It figures that the combo I want is tough, I have that sort of taste it seems.. that was the way it was when i was looking for my Acura. I wanted the Aegean Blue Pearl color which isn't ultra rare, but definitely one of the harder colors to find. I ended up finding one with navi which was awesome, so I am hoping I can have the same luck this time around.

I travel between Raleigh, and NJ quite a bit. My girlfriend is in Raleigh ( I am probably moving back down there soon) and my family is in NJ, so the zhp will have miles put on it. How do they hold up under that sort of use? I have been stranded on one of these road trips before due to my TL blowing a transmission, and do not want that to ever happen again. I just want to make sure this car will serve me well as a daily driver without having a second vehicle.
    I used to be the honda girl...I loved Honda, still work for Honda, and swore for the longest time, I wouln't own anything but Hondas... until I bought my E46 one day. Now I don't know if I could ever have anything other than a bimmer as a daily driver ever again. I will stick to Hondas as my track cars tho Those TL's had shit auto transmissions...and I've put a few in customer cars in my day. The TL's are nice, but still nothing I could ever compare to my E46. Any car can break and leave you stranded, but as long as you do the preventitive maintainance you should be able to not worry about it so much.

I've put over 20k miles on my 325 this summer alone, with no issues since my VANOS was taken care of. Prior to that I had a few random things on my car "go" in a short period of time, but its been pretty reliable since I've been driving back and forth from NJ almost every other weekend (1,008 miles round trip). Which brings me to, I'm moving out your way...and if you stick around I'm sure we will cross paths at a meet or something I'm moving to the philly/NJ area, so South Jersey. Welcome to the mafia Frank ...Oh and buy a car with 3 pedals.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    I used to be the honda girl...I loved Honda, still work for Honda, and swore for the longest time, I wouln't own anything but Hondas... until I bought my E46 one day. Now I don't know if I could ever have anything other than a bimmer as a daily driver ever again. I will stick to Hondas as my track cars tho Those TL's had shit auto transmissions...and I've put a few in customer cars in my day. The TL's are nice, but still nothing I could ever compare to my E46. Any car can break and leave you stranded, but as long as you do the preventitive maintainance you should be able to not worry about it so much.

I've put over 20k miles on my 325 this summer alone, with no issues since my VANOS was taken care of. Prior to that I had a few random things on my car "go" in a short period of time, but its been pretty reliable since I've been driving back and forth from NJ almost every other weekend (1,008 miles round trip). Which brings me to, I'm moving out your way...and if you stick around I'm sure we will cross paths at a meet or something I'm moving to the philly/NJ area, so South Jersey. Welcome to the mafia Frank ...Oh and buy a car with 3 pedals.
    Wow moving to Jersey?? what's bringing you here? Everybody seems to be moving out of here lol. I know all too well about the glass transmissions in those hondas/acuras. I blew through two of them in the 3 years I owned the TL. By the way I saw some pics on here of your 325, it looks awesome, very tastefully done. It's also very reassuring to hear you routinely road trip it with the 325 with little issue. I can't wait to get into one!

When youre back in NJ we should organize something with the locals from around here. Even if I dont have my e46 yet, I'd love to come check it out. Hell, I was bringing my Altima to a few Acura meets when i was in North Carolina anyway haha.

Oh and i may take your advice on the 3 pedals, hopefully I find the perfect ZHP for me

Thanks Frank. I'm with you on organizing meets...I do that ofter here in Ohio, and will need to meet new peeps once I leave anyways Sucks you had to put 2 transmissions in that thing.

Good Luck on your ZHP search
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345