Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    A little late to this, but just wanted to ask the experts before I ordered.

What am I missing?

OEM illuminated 6 speed shift knob on eBay for $120 shipped:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...14639973236100
    Don't know but I'm thinking about buying one too. If you check his feedback there are several positive comments already on previous sales of the ZHP knob.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

i donno, the leatherz is expensive but it looks like better quality. the illumination of the shift gate emblem looks much better. in the ebay one, the lighting looks pretty bad honestly. the "1" and "3" on the emblem are way brighter than the rest of it...

vs.

as for why it is so expensive, this is the explanation on the leatherz site:

Why the M 6 Speed insert costs more

The Illuminated M 6 Speed Insert is difficult to get. The only way I can get this insert is to purchase a second shift knob from BMW with this particular insert. If you want to save the $115 charge, you can send me the insert from your stock shift knob and I can use it. I will even take $15 off the price of the Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob (making it $160). Please call me for more details. Shift Knobs purchased with this insert not eligible for return or exchange: The insert is too difficult for me to get and too expensive. Alternatively, if you would like to purchase a shift knob with no insert, so you can install the one from your car yourself, I can sell you one with no insert (If you decide to get a shift knob with no insert, I will take $15 off the price (making it $160) though there are no returns on a shift knob sold without an insert).
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

So...you want the lit one?

I do not think you're missing anything.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

There are some pics of the Ebay one in this thread. Like I mentioned, I think it looks better than his Ebay pics would indicate. Not perfect, but the price is a lot better than LeatherZ.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...9624#post69624

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    i donno, the leatherz is expensive but it looks like better quality. the illumination of the shift gate emblem looks much better. in the ebay one, the lighting looks pretty bad honestly. the "1" and "3" on the emblem are way brighter than the rest of it...

vs.

as for why it is so expensive, this is the explanation on the leatherz site:
    I have the LeatherZ shift knob and also one done by deadlysyns from M3Forum.net. Comparing the two, the one done by deadlysyns is by far the best I have seen

This is how deadlysyns Lit ZHP shift knob looks like

As you can see, everything is lit up. I will be taking him up on his offer to mod my lit ZHP shift knob in my ZHP after I get back from the mafia meet.

my shift knob only has the ///M emblem (no 1-6 shift gate) so an illuminated knob would be pretty silly for me..
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have the LeatherZ shift knob and also one done by deadlysyns from M3Forum.net. Comparing the two, the one done by deadlysyns is by far the best I have seen

This is how deadlysyns Lit ZHP shift knob looks like

As you can see, everything is lit up. I will be taking him up on his offer to mod my lit ZHP shift knob in my ZHP after I get back from the mafia meet.
    You using the extra knob I sent to you finally? Lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    You using the extra knob I sent to you finally? Lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Done and installed, Yep Your shift knob has been installed in my ///M The lit LeatherZ shift knob is in my ZHP. I liked the results of modding your shift knob so much that I had to keep it in my ///M...

I'm glad I purchased your shift knob

What's so special about his knob?

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    What's so special about his knob?
    Look at the picture in post #17.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast