Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

rear bulb out error

Hi all,

My pass. rear inner tail light (attached to the trunk) does not work. The error code first appeareed when the bulb when out. I replaced the bulb with a new one but it had no effect. I'm kinda in a pickle. However I did see that there was a recall for the tail lights on our vehicles but i'm not sure if my problem is related. Could anyone chime in if they know anything about this issue":?

Thanks
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Could well be that your ground wire is shot.

Take a look at your harness. Sometimes when they fail, they can melt.

A DIY for it is here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1076114

If it's the bad ground, then it should be covered by the recall from what I've read.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Could well be that your ground wire is shot.

Take a look at your harness. Sometimes when they fail, they can melt.

A DIY for it is here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1076114

If it's the bad ground, then it should be covered by the recall from what I've read.
    THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!! If i could upvote this I would. I had the same problem, went and got the parts, installed it per instructions, now no longer an issue. PERIOD! $20 or so to fix and ground wire problem/fault fixed

I really have no idea what I am doing

Thanks guys, I'm actually going to take the car into the dealer for the service bulletin once I receive a recall notice. I didn't notice any corrosion or burnt connectors on either tail light assemblies.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Sometimes trunk wiring also frays or breaks in the loom between the body and trunk. My e36M lock actuator stopped working for this reason. Cut the loom open and found several damaged wires.