Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

DW77 Photographic Progression Thread

More for me to look back on and learn from. Feel free to post tips and/critiques of my work. Thanks

DSC_0008 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

DSC_0007 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

DSC_0028c by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

DSC_0027 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

DSC_0021 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Nice Pics
    love them all

also is the plant picture Bokeh (am i understanding that correctly?)

also REDS? you skateboard?
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Nice pics. Like the first, crop out the people in the back right. Not exactly sure what you were going for on the 2nd, as his face is blocked. Work call, GTG.

Sorry about that. Back now. Like the idea of the 2nd one, would just like something more defined... is it about the glove/hat, the person, action? Like the wheel pic too.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I love the shadows/highlights on the wheel pic Dane.

for the one of the fairing notice how #2 seems more interesting than #1... the line leading into the corner on #2 makes it more visually appealing. My only gripe is I wish the entire faring was in focus instead of shallow DOF so I could read them all. bump up that aperture next time to an f/8 or f/11 (or higher). You'll still get some blur in the background.

My thoughts for you are get comfortable shooting (obviously) and learning the basics of composition and lighting. Then get some tim using some basic editing software like Lightroom so you can adjust the photos a little here and there - doesn't need to be drastic.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

5 min of basic editing (plus touched up bbs cap)... (not that I'm a photoshop God, I'm actually pretty mediocre TBH).

BEFORE:

AFTER:
    Name:  bbs.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  211.3 KB
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Off to a great start, Dane.
    Looking forward to seeing you progress. Subscribed
    -ADAM

Excellent tips guys. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. All comments appreciated. Thanks for the compliments as well.

I need to work on....

1. Composition. A little more thought and foresight into my shots. I really haven't had a chance to be dedicated to this yet.

2. Learn the camera. Everything is in auto. Still learning.

3. All photos are untouched. Downloaded the free trial of lightroom last night. It looks to be very much like the program I have now....which is Corel PhotoShop Pro X3.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, you are off to a great start.

1. Corel Pro is good, but Lightroom is great. Much more intuitive and better suited to photography IMO.
    2. Learn the camera. It is the tool that lets you create.

You addressed it yourself earlier. Have a purpose when shooting a photograph.. We all walk around and click snapshots, but if you really want to create an image you should have a purpose or a goal in mind. I love the wheel shot also.

Ok...great. Thanks Casey. I will purchase Lightroom off several recommendations now, as I can see this will be something I'm going to do for a while.

Must-have-purpose

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

If it's not too much more you should look at Creative Suite 5, I think Lightroom comes with that

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast