Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Looking for part (numbers)?

I wasn't sure if there was a thread and I didn't find anything when I searched. So I figured I would start one here and people can add any parts to it and the community can post up info if they have a part or number or alternate.

*Mods: Move this thread to any other heading if you think this should be somewhere else

I really have no idea what I am doing

I have a creaking/groaning sound from the driver front and rear. I have checked everything and white lithium greased everything that could possibly get grease. I am thinking that it is body mounts that are causing the sounds. However when I searched on RealOEM I couldn't find ANYTHING.

Does anyone know any part numbers for OEM body mounts?

I bet it the strut mounts are what you are hearing. The ones on my car were creaking/groaning so I replaced them.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
    I bet it the strut mounts are what you are hearing. The ones on my car were creaking/groaning so I replaced them.
    He said he checked everything...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    He said he checked everything...
    pfffttt...hehe

What conditions does the creaking/moaning sounds happen?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
    What conditions does the creaking/moaning sounds happen?
    100% of time. Obvious from the get go. Push on driver side hood/fender area and it is definitely audible. Go over a curb/bump/hump/etc.. definitely audible. Just tired of having an old boat sounding car.

Here is the history:
    OEM suspension - No sound
    Vogtland Springs - No sound
    JIC Coils - No sound at first then sound started up. Right about the time I went to UUC FCABS
    Grease the ever living F out of front UUC swaybar bushings and UUC fcabs. Sound still there
    F2 Coils - Sound still there
    Replace front tierods and front control arms - clean off all bushings on FCABs and Swaybar bushings and put White Lithium Grease on both components - sound still there.

Basically, the entire front end has new or newer components with heavily greased bushings. When I was replacing the VISA and cleaning the throttle body out, I also checked (and ordered up new OEM) motor mounts. The mounts looked good and tight. With no apparent blown or leaking motor mounts, but I still ordered up OEM ones anyway.

Now, it might actually be the steering column knuckle. This piece has to move in multiple directions, both horizontally and vertically. I didn't feel anything loose and couldn't really move it much when I was in there. But this might actually be the problem as well, since when I pull out the driveway over the gutter "hump", it does creak/groan. I just don't know how really to test out this theory though. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...42&hg=32&fg=30

So anyway, this is why it leads me to believe I just have some blown body mounts due to the car being lower than OEM stock.

I've head that the UUC CABs can be noisy. I just went with Powerflexs with no noise as of yet. The steering column knuckle on my e46 creaks and groans in cold temps when I turn the wheel side to side at standing still or moving. When you swapped out the struts did you replace the strut bearings? When I had the defective bearings on my car it would make similar noises over speed bumps, on my garage entrance floor lip, and bridge expansion joints.