Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Vorshlag Camber Plates

I installed the plates about a year ago on the stock shock and spring combo, along with the reinforcement plates from the rough road package 3 series.
    They allow Camber (slide type) and Caster Adjustment (3 settings less than oem, oem and more than oem, I can't remember the exact numbers on top of my head).

I have dealt with camber plates from Tein and SPC on a nissan 240sx.
    SPC product was of very poor quality and engineering. The bearing and rubber bushing failed within 4 month of street use and a couple autocross.
    Tein was much better, but every couple of month I had to re-tighten the top nut or the springs would make clunking noises when turning hard to one side.

Vorshlag:
    Awesome people to deal with, I had a couple questions regarding the install: I gave them a call, they requested a picture of the plates and the next day I had an answer in my emails

Parts:
    High quality items, everything fits very nicely, the main plates are anodized everything else looks plated. These things will last a while and worst case scenario if the bearing has to be replaced down the road, that can probably be ordered separately to rebuild the plates.
    I ordered some oem style spring perch as well.
    After about a year not a single issue to report.
    With the plates set for the most caster, I got max 2 degrees of camber on each side.
    Perfect for street and the occasional AutoX.
    With the OEM caster setting you should be able to get close to 3 degrees of camber if not more.

How does the car feel ?
    -2 degrees of camber up front with more caster and getting rid of the old rubber made a huge difference. For anyone here chasing cornering G's this is probably number 2 biggest gain right after tires. A more performance oriented alignment will do wonder.

Tire wear:
    -2 degrees of camber and zero toe up front - after about 10k miles the tires are wearing evenly with lot of highway miles. It might because every on ramp and off ramp is now a lot more fun, but that was a good surprise.

I'll see if I can find the pictures of the parts going on the car.

How easy are the plates to adjust. That's something I've been looking for and I've got my heart set on these

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I've got the same ones and they're pretty easy to adjust. The only downer I can say about them is the caster adjustment is just 3 settings. So if, for whatever reason, your caster isn't the same on both sides and you wanted to make a very small adjustment to just one side, you wouldn't be able to. I haven't run into this need, but have heard of it from other bimmer owners when doing alignments. Otherwise, they're great.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    How easy are the plates to adjust. That's something I've been looking for and I've got my heart set on these

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    It's really easy. Raise the side you want to adjust, loosen 3 13mm bolts - adjust camber - tighten bolts - lower car back on the ground.

Best part of it, when you add neg camber you gain a tiny bit of toe out, so if you set up for the street a certain amount of camber with zero toe, go to the track and add a little camber there, you will gain a small amount of toe out. Pretty awesome. I would check both settings on an alignment rack and mark down with a sharpie you street vs. autoX or track setting.

Quote Originally Posted by blablac View Post
    It's really easy. Raise the side you want to adjust, loosen 3 13mm bolts - adjust camber - tighten bolts - lower car back on the ground.

Best part of it, when you add neg camber you gain a tiny bit of toe out, so if you set up for the street a certain amount of camber with zero toe, go to the track and add a little camber there, you will gain a small amount of toe out. Pretty awesome. I would check both settings on an alignment rack and mark down with a sharpie you street vs. autoX or track setting.
    Awesome, that's exactly what I planned. Looking at going -3.5 for track.

Thanks for the help

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance