Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maintenance.... phase 2

So I bought this car a few months ago with 95k miles on the clock and it was pretty apparent that the car was in need of quite a bit of maintenance work. Thanks everyone for helping me through all this and saving me big $$$.

Shortly after purchasing the car, I rebuild the vanos assembly, completely rebuilt the suspension, removed the CDV, replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the mass flow sensor, inspected the intake boots, replaced the spark plugs, replaced the fog lamps, replaced the washer fluid pump, replaced the rear rotors, and repaired some of the interior trim. Also I tinted the tail lights, added a ZHP badge, installed a black grill, and installed an iPod adapter.

So now I'm at phase 2. I ordered a complete ECS tuning stage 2 cooling system kit to replace the entire cooling system including belts, I bled the brakes/clutch, I replaced the fluid in the power steering, and replaced fluids in the transmission and differential. I removed the ZHP badge and ordered a lighter tail light tint, plus I also bought H&R sport springs and 18" ASA AR1 wheels which I will install Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position tires. Also I'm scheduled for a DME update in a couple days.

Phase 3 will be in a couple months at which point I want to do a Shark Injector, BMW intake, and a short shifter. I may also possibly do some sound system work.

That oughta do it.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

very nice, sounds like you got a good plan. she will be tip top after phase 2, perfect after phase 3.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    So I bought this car a few months ago with 95k miles on the clock and it was pretty apparent that the car was in need of quite a bit of maintenance work. Thanks everyone for helping me through all this and saving me big $$$.

Shortly after purchasing the car, I rebuild the vanos assembly, completely rebuilt the suspension, removed the CDV, replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the mass flow sensor, inspected the intake boots, replaced the spark plugs, replaced the fog lamps, replaced the washer fluid pump, replaced the rear rotors, and repaired some of the interior trim. Also I tinted the tail lights, added a ZHP badge, installed a black grill, and installed an iPod adapter.

So now I'm at phase 2. I ordered a complete ECS tuning stage 2 cooling system kit to replace the entire cooling system including belts, I bled the brakes/clutch, I replaced the fluid in the power steering, and replaced fluids in the transmission and differential. I removed the ZHP badge and ordered a lighter tail light tint, plus I also bought H&R sport springs and 18" ASA AR1 wheels which I will install Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position tires. Also I'm scheduled for a DME update in a couple days.

Phase 3 will be in a couple months at which point I want to do a Shark Injector, BMW intake, and a short shifter. I may also possibly do some sound system work.

That oughta do it.
    Great plan. Nice work. I like where your heads at.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Where's the like button?
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    Where's the like button?

There. Just press it.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks guys. I'm stoked to get this all done.

I wish I had the patience to wait until I had a bunch of things to do on my car, rather than just about EVERY weekend doing one thing, next weekend another, and another and so on. Nice work man.

I'm headed over now to pick my car up from the local independent shop from getting the DME update. The tech said that the car appears to never have been updated.

DME update was definitely a win. Better off idle response, smoother idle, slightly snappier, better all around.

And I get home and my new wheels, tail light tint, and springs are here! I'm a little worried that the H&R sport springs won't be much drop on a ZHP but based on what I've read I think I'll be happy with them.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    DME update was definitely a win. Better off idle response, smoother idle, slightly snappier, better all around.

And I get home and my new wheels, tail light tint, and springs are here! I'm a little worried that the H&R sport springs won't be much drop on a ZHP but based on what I've read I think I'll be happy with them.
    Good to hear! Did it cure your mid-range miss? It did on mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast