Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What BMW windshield gasket do you guys have?

What windshield gasket do you guys have? I believe Safelite put in a different one......than WG did...

I could be losing it also. If I could just get some confirmation that everyone elses looks like the below...all the way around. Thanks.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Negative-- mine is substantially narrower.

Could be a coupe thang, though. You know, we getz all the cool stuff...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Negative-- mine is substantially narrower.

Could be a coupe thang, though. You know, we getz all the cool stuff...
    Ok....I think I'm on to something here....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ok....I think I'm on to something here....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Dane just a heads up, safellite uses a generic molding unless you request a OEM molding. When they prep the glass it's just a roll of generic molding that comes in different MM for different cars.

Edit: looking at the picture that I'm 99% positive that's safelite molding. You can get it on rolls of 50 to 100ft
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    Dane just a heads up, safellite uses a generic molding unless you request a OEM molding. When they prep the glass it's just a roll of generic molding that comes in different MM for different cars.

Edit: looking at the picture that I'm 99% positive that's safelite molding. You can get it on rolls of 50 to 100ft
    OK.

I went with windshield guru.

Posted the same in your other thread. Mine looks thinner... went with Safelite, must have asked for OEM gasket. Will post pick later.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Any detrimental effects to having non oem gasket?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Any detrimental effects to having non oem gasket?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Not really. The aftermarket stuff actually withstands different weather better, the only down fall is in hot temps it's easy to pull off. The OEM molding is tighter on the glass and cut exactly for it, but OEM is more brittle, ESP in the winter

Copy. Will leave as is unless something happens. Odds are, I will be replacing my windshield in 6 months anyway....ftl.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Dude if you are going through glass like that I can make a weekend out of it and come down and pull it out for you. I still have all the tools. Unfortunately I can't pit it back in cuz I don't have the urethane they use and I sold my power gun. I know satellite will charge a base price just to install though if it's already taken out. Also if you are really going through windshields like that, you can by used windshields from the junk yard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast