Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    bought some cones from joann fabrics and honestly it was such a waste of money and time. They were brittle and had absolutely no flex to them. Tennis balls works better in my opinion as you can squeeze them into a tight space. Added one and a half more tennis balls to my deck and took away some the remaining deeper rattles.
    My foam cones have worked well for me, but I'm sure over time they'll compress and need to be replaced or use a different object like a tennis ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    My foam cones have worked well for me, but I'm sure over time they'll compress and need to be replaced or use a different object like a tennis ball.
    I used tennis balls in my 2003. In my 2006, I used the souls of my vanquished; they seemed to have worked better.

The cones just crumbled when I tried to wedge them into a tight space. No bueno. Waste of time and money for me. Maybe the styrofoam you guys used was a different kind.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Is there a definitive write-up on the tennis ball anti-rattle technique? Thanks in advance!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

There are a few DIYs out there, but nothing like "This is the way you are supposed to do it to achieve optimal results". I think 4 Tennis balls is a good amount; one to each side, evenly spaced, and wedged into a tight space so they are pushing up on the deck as much as possible. There is also a 'bolt mod', but I did not really understand how it works once I actually got in the subwoofer space. They talk about it here towards the end of the thread: https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429992
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    There are a few DIYs out there, but nothing like "This is the way you are supposed to do it to achieve optimal results". I think 4 Tennis balls is a good amount; one to each side, evenly spaced, and wedged into a tight space so they are pushing up on the deck as much as possible. There is also a 'bolt mod', but I did not really understand how it works once I actually got in the subwoofer space. They talk about it here towards the end of the thread: https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429992
    Thanks for the link. I've never dropped the sub box or looked too hard under the deck, but will deal with it before the spring driving season.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123