Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Link to these cones?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Did this today. Happy to report, works like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | 2004 ZHP | Coupe | SilverGrey on Grey | AFE Stage1 proDry | Shark Injector | CDV Delete | TMS Pulley Kit | UUC Trans Mount Enforcer Kit | JOM BlueLine Coilovers | 12mm Spacers Rear | BMW Gloss Kidneys | Front EuroPlate | OEM Aux
    | Bimmian Phone Mount |

The cones are 2 7/8x 5 7/8. I put them in sideways and jammed them in the spots you said. At first I tried cutting one to size and realized that was silly. Best fit was sticking em in sideways

| 2004 ZHP | Coupe | SilverGrey on Grey | AFE Stage1 proDry | Shark Injector | CDV Delete | TMS Pulley Kit | UUC Trans Mount Enforcer Kit | JOM BlueLine Coilovers | 12mm Spacers Rear | BMW Gloss Kidneys | Front EuroPlate | OEM Aux
    | Bimmian Phone Mount |

Coupe Rear Window Shelf Rattle Solution, Kayger Style doityourself

Any link to buy these cones online ?
    Also can someone take a pic showing the cones in position, if possible ?
    Thanks IA

2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Problem solved. I had cracking or rattling sound coming out of my trunk when I crank up the AUX or Bass, due to the HK amp so I decided to drop the HK assembly today. It was just 4 screws and 10 minutes. I also got 4 of these cones from Michaels.

1 cone goes to left hole and pointing to the left.
    1 cone goes behind the metal partition (between the 2 holes)
    1 cone goes to the right hole and pointing to the right
    1 cone goes to the right hole and pointing to the back where there is room

Quote Originally Posted by thinkpad240 View Post
    Problem solved. I had cracking or rattling sound coming out of my trunk when I crank up the AUX or Bass, due to the HK amp so I decided to drop the HK assembly today. It was just 4 screws and 10 minutes. I also got 4 of these cones from Michaels.

1 cone goes to left hole and pointing to the left.
    1 cone goes behind the metal partition (between the 2 holes)
    1 cone goes to the right hole and pointing to the right
    1 cone goes to the right hole and pointing to the back where there is room
    Happy to report mine is still working like a charm 6 years later.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Gonna try this. Tennis ball mod worked GREAT, but definitely still rattles at certain frequencies
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Happy to report mine is still working like a charm 6 years later.
    Nice. Good to see you around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I obtained some used tennis balls from a player, but haven't looked into where to put them. Had a significant rattle when pumping tunes on the trip to The Vintage in 2017.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

bought some cones from joann fabrics and honestly it was such a waste of money and time. They were brittle and had absolutely no flex to them. Tennis balls works better in my opinion as you can squeeze them into a tight space. Added one and a half more tennis balls to my deck and took away some the remaining deeper rattles.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast