Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Shops in Eugene OR

Hey Gang,

I live in North Carolina and I am looking at a car for sale in Eugene. The dealer is OCC, Inc. I'd like to have the local BMW Dealer inspect the car. But the salesman has said they do not allow their cars to be inspected by other dealerships due to "problems" they've had with the other dealers trying to sell their cars to potential OCC customers. They do have a list of mechanic shops they will deal with and allow their cars to go to for inspections. Does anyone know about the following shops:

Jacksons Auto care, Derek, 541 344 7366
    Duncan Motors, Robert, 541 687 8503, 0r 541 525 7047
    Brooks Auto Doctor, Bruce, 541 741 2308
    Autobahn Imports, 541 688 2227
    OCC, Inc, 541-954 0902

I'm a little leery about about not being able to take the car to a dealer for a ppi (although I know these tests aren't any guarantee on anything). If anyone has info they can share I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Kelly

Kelly:

Not that this will matter to anyone other than me, just my personal opinion.......but I would run, fast away from this guy. Anyone that doesn't understand that a potential buyer (a quality, serious, real buyer) would demand to have that car inspected by a neutral 3rd party, and pave the way for them to do just that isn't much interested in building client relationships or selling cars.

Why do they not want you to have the car inspected? I suspect that they may know what will come up in the inspection. Just me, but that is enough red flag to seek other car seller alternatives, plenty of cars out there to buy

Hey Jeff,

I feel the same way. It's a pretty car but without the additional assurance a dealer inspection would give me I'm probably going to give it a pass. I was just hoping someone would have additional info. Ah well.

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by jeff57ax
    Kelly:

Not that this will matter to anyone other than me, just my personal opinion.......but I would run, fast away from this guy. Anyone that doesn't understand that a potential buyer (a quality, serious, real buyer) would demand to have that car inspected by a neutral 3rd party, and pave the way for them to do just that isn't much interested in building client relationships or selling cars.

Why do they not want you to have the car inspected? I suspect that they may know what will come up in the inspection. Just me, but that is enough red flag to seek other car seller alternatives, plenty of cars out there to buy
    This. Big time.

Droid X. Forum Runner. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

No question. If someone will not let you do a PPI, that's a red flag. Before plunking down $15K-$20K, I'd like to know that I am not buying a POS.

I agree with everyone here, turn, run, don't look back. And the part where he says he's had problems with dealerships trying to sell their own cars to customers coming in for PPI's is absurd...could he not think of a more realistic excuse? That list of (chop) shops he listed, none of which I'm familiar with except for Autobahn Imports, but I don't know much about them. Find one closer to home is my advice...
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold