Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    saw this diy, beat me to it. rather i was unmotivated to do it, but sure glad someone here did. glad it worked out for you.
    It's finally time to settle down,
    my name is Nelson.

Great looking mod, Ryan.

Nice work!

Droid X. Forum Runner. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Almost as cool as a real transmission

Awesome mod. Should've come like this from the factory.

Heads up to those that are going to try this, you can build a bit nicer harness using this:

http://www.delcity.net/store/Expanda...ving/p_278.a_1

as a loom instead of electrical tape. It will hold up to heat better than eletrical tape too. Sorry, I'm a bit of a harness snob

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    Almost as cool as a real transmission
    Almost a good post.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I had the actual cloth wire wrap from BMW from another kit but decided it was all hidden and will never be seen so I decided to not use it.

Now I can say I have a " flappy paddle gear box " just like Mr Clarkson does on Topgear lol.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

This was a "learned from experience" thing on my part. I've made numerous harnesses with electrical tape, but with time they just get gross. The adhesive melts and gets all over the place, especially with southern in-car summer temps probably pushing 140F or any engine compartment applications.

After a few bad experiences I've tried to only use expandable loom and heatshrink.

Similar kind of thing to t-tap connectors. Eventually they will make you regret using them.

Either way, nicely done and nice DIY. Especially like that you got the BMW connectors to do the connections like a boss.

Like I said, I really can't believe BMW didn't put them out like this to begin with.

Enjoy the flappy paddles!

Do mine next? I'll supply refreshing beverages...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Do mine next? I'll supply refreshing beverages...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its really not as bad as I was thinking. I ran across those diy's about a year ago and though that it is a lot of wiring. After looking at it again I realized it was nothing really. The hardest part was locating a SMG wheel and clock spring, but that ended up being the easiest. The parts needed to make the harness was $30.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Has been working great still, I used it on the drive during the meet.

I honestly wanted to just bump it since a few people asked me about it

I was one of those. Thanks for the conversation and the thread bump.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast